GDT: Mtl @ Ana 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Bieksa really solid last night, besides one stupid interference call.
Hamps, so so. Started out slow, but got better later on. Had some really nice defensive plays in the third. Vats still a bit weak in the d-zone. But shines in the o-zone. Stoner not the fastest to help him out either in the d-zone when trapped. (Habs are also pretty speedy) Liked that BB tried Vats & Hamps for some shifts in the third. Would be good if they could find some chemistry and be an option further on against certain teams.
Fowlers skating and transition-play still outstanding in the d-core. Good to have him back for real. I really like Manson as well, takes steps every month as it feels. Hang on to him.

McGinn-Ricky-Perry spend most of their time in the wrong zone.
Good hands on McGinn nevertheless. Nice first goal, good net presence as well. Perron as mentioned above, really is a great fit for Getz!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Horcoff has 10 pts in 45 games, he's not a black hole, but he's pretty bad offensively.

If we're putting the twins back together, I'd rather go with:

Perron - Getzlaf - Perry
Rakell - Kesler - Silfverberg
McGinn - Horcoff - Cogliano

as our top 9.

My issue with that is that the Kesler line needs an effective forechecker for Kesler and Silfverberg to shine. Last year that was Beleskey with his hits, thus year it's Cogliano with his speed. I don't see Rakell shining in that role, and I'd prefer to keep that line working as a premier shutdown line over keeping Rakell working.

Edit - Horcoff has also been out while the team has been scoring all the goals. If you go back to where he was on the team list when he sat down his stats (tragically) don't look so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad