GDT: Mtl @ Ana 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Opposing GDT's are so much fun. I love how we were the ones that got away with murder tonight.

Best pic of the night. Boom!

CcmxOtzUkAArKba.jpg:large

Is he ''picking him up'' with his magic powers? Because it looks so

Oct 18, 2011
glad we don't play in the habs division, I think all their diving and flopping would cause me to irrationally hate them. this result couldn't of happened to a better team

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
At this point i`m ''meh'' for us vs team like Habs (no offence, but they clearly are bad this year). Of course i`m happy we were able to win, no doubt. But i`m more willing to see how we play vs Kings this week and other top teams later. Would want to see us beat Arizona as well though, they kicked our ass early in the season and they`re from our division.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Its the combination of Maroon Stewart Jackman
We have no intimidating forwards
I know you were on the trade forums going crazy for less size more skill and posting Maroon trade proposals nonstop. You got your wish a smaller, boring team

Stewart is still here. Jackman played two NHL games this season. The only toughness subtracted since new year is Maroon. Other than that Murray got rid of Hagelin, Friberg and Sekac while adding Perron, Garbutt, McGinn and claiming Wagner back. Not to mention we got Despres back from injury.

Ritchie has been up as well as Zolnierczyk (even if he only got to play one game). Tropp was also acquired for the farm club and might see NHL action if we run into a couple of injuries in the playoffs.

This organization clearly has taken a step towards more sandpaper the last two months. And the team has been the best in the league since then. But I guess winning is 'boring'.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Who on Chicago or LA is intimidating, for example?

Or just other teams in the league

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So anyone worried about McGinn or the loss of maroon in the locker can stop he already looked way better then maron. The thing that I liked the most was after period he was last player into the locker, seems like a good team guy. I'm happy with the move.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So anyone worried about McGinn or the loss of maroon in the locker can stop he already looked way better then maron. The thing that I liked the most was after period he was last player into the locker, seems like a good team guy. I'm happy with the move.

How did his game fit with Rakell and Perry?

mytduxfan*

Great goal by McGinn. He's got a strong net presence, can deflect the puck well and is a good finisher when close to the net. My only negative is that he's rather slow and does sweet f-all defensively. However, it's one game. We'll see.

I'm also not loving Rakell at C. He was pretty poor yesterday.

Perron was a beast as always. Sign him up BM.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Great goal by McGinn. He's got a strong net presence, can deflect the puck well and is a good finisher when close to the net. My only negative is that he's rather slow and does sweet f-all defensively. However, it's one game. We'll see.

I'm also not loving Rakell at C. He was pretty poor yesterday.

Perron was a beast as always. Sign him up BM.

I don't like Rakell at C either

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
WHY....why can't silf do that during the games?

Every time I see him in a SO and blast the same shot past every goalie I just can't figure out what his problem is shooting in regulation.

Maybe he rushes his shots in the game or needs to set them up just right and he'll never have the time for that... maybe it is mental. If it is mental, the Ducks need to figure out how to straighten up his head because that shot is so sick.

Hypnotize him, send him to a shrink, I don't care, but get him to shoot like that in the games.

John

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That line wasn't very good. Bruce went to the line blender pretty quickly.

I want one game where we play Perron Getzlaf Perry, because I think that combo has the makings of a truly dominant line, and if we need to stack up for goals late in a game I want them to have had sufficient time together to be on the same page. Rakell can be a wing for Horcoff or something where he's hidden away for the game.

Oct 18, 2011
I want one game where we play Perron Getzlaf Perry, because I think that combo has the makings of a truly dominant line, and if we need to stack up for goals late in a game I want them to have had sufficient time together to be on the same page. Rakell can be a wing for Horcoff or something where he's hidden away for the game.
playing rakell with horcoff is a total waste of rakell's talent
if you're going the PPG route you may as well put rakell with kesler and bump cogs down, otherwise we are going to be looking at the same problem as always, no line can score besides 1

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Opposing GDT's are so much fun. I love how we were the ones that got away with murder tonight.

They're used to the flopping that they exhibit, much like Kings fans are used to Quick's flopping and say he's getting murdered.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

Odd comment. I think you've misunderstood what people were complaining about.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
playing rakell with horcoff is a total waste of rakell's talent
if you're going the PPG route you may as well put rakell with kesler and bump cogs down, otherwise we are going to be looking at the same problem as always, no line can score besides 1

If you're stacking PPG, you don't care about the other lines. You're putting all your eggs in one basket for a needed goal, like when Chicago puts Kane and Toews together. I don't want it all the time, I want it situationally. I just want A game they can play together to get some familiarity so we CAN do it.

Horcoff isn't a black hole offensively regardless. McGinn Horcoff Rakell should still be a line that can cycle, and won't be nearly as bad in their own zone. It's not meant to be permanent, it's just an an attempt to not have to essentially sit Rakell for that game.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Anyone catch Stoner wandering in the offensive zone and almost knocking over Sami?

Was truly a treat to watch. Such defensive IQ!

The Ducks text challenge question was who would lead the team in hits. Stoner ended up being the winner, but I had to wonder if they were counting the missed hits and his own teammates. :laugh:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
If you're stacking PPG, you don't care about the other lines. You're putting all your eggs in one basket for a needed goal, like when Chicago puts Kane and Toews together. I don't want it all the time, I want it situationally. I just want A game they can play together to get some familiarity so we CAN do it.

Horcoff isn't a black hole offensively regardless. McGinn Horcoff Rakell should still be a line that can cycle, and won't be nearly as bad in their own zone. It's not meant to be permanent, it's just an an attempt to not have to essentially sit Rakell for that game.

Horcoff's hands aren't great but he still goes to the net and that could be very valuable with Rakell and a shooter in McGinn. Plus the defense.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

I've wondered off and on this year whether part of the reason for splitting the twins was to have the ability to reunite them late in a series, like the Hawks did with Toews and Kane, to **** with the other team's strategy.

mytduxfan*

Horcoff has 10 pts in 45 games, he's not a black hole, but he's pretty bad offensively.

If we're putting the twins back together, I'd rather go with:

Perron - Getzlaf - Perry
Rakell - Kesler - Silfverberg
McGinn - Horcoff - Cogliano

as our top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad