Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
who goes "all in" on yak....... rofl, at this point you could prob get him for a prospect. :laugh:

You go "all in" if you can get the Oilers to include the swarm of bees that usually chase Yakupov.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I would think they try him on a line with Galchenyuk given their past history and chemistry together.:dunno: If they acquired him.

for me the fact that they played junior hockey together is irrelevant, they also played without each other and put up the same numbers, its junior they were both above that league, ripping it doesnt mean they had chemistry. i'd acquire yak because i've always like the prospect and he could bounce with a change of scenery but could also bust!

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
for me the fact that they played junior hockey together is irrelevant, they also played without each other and put up the same numbers, its junior they were both above that league, ripping it doesnt mean they had chemistry. i'd acquire yak because i've always like the prospect and he could bounce with a change of scenery but could also bust!
Fair enough, just something I thought they might try if they got him. Anyway it's Eklund.

rabbit4949

Apr 1, 2013
This is just silly. Why would the Oilers give up on him now? Put him on a line with McDavid and Lucic until Christmas. If he produces , all is well. If he is not able to collect the garbage playing with the best young centre in the game and the best power forward in the game then he will have no value. Do you think that any team could possibly offer better linemates? I think that his future would then be limited to Las Vegas or more probably the KHL.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This must be a hot topic on his site or it's a personal favourite of his, but he's hot on this like no other issue.
Not saying he's in the know, but if the Habs shift Shaw to the 2LW position, they are once again short an RW.
What's the consensus on the possibility of this and the possible cost?
This thread is for the trade Rumor, not Eklunds credibility.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-All-in-on-Yakupov-What-Should-the-Price-Be/1/78841
and
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ostonCaps-also-interested-IslesEberle/1/78853

Makes sense . All in as in Montreal offers a Happy Meal

Can go wrong everything is included . Burger , Fries , Pop , Toy and a treat :sarcasm:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
"Where he is" is a guy who scores ~12 goals a year and is one of the worst defensive players in the NHL. Possibly the very worst. And he costs $2.5 million to get that.

If Yakupov "tops out where he is," he's a waiver clear, not a guy who gets traded for a second rounder.

To put this in perspective, Sam Gagner has outproduced Yakupov every season of their shared career, plays a more important position than Yakupov and is stuck signing 1 year deals for close to league minimum. Nobody would consider trading a 2nd rounder for Gagner at his actual salary, let alone 4 times his salary.

The only thing--the only thing--Yakupov has going for him is the possible perception of potential. If he was judged just on merit, he'd have already washed out.[/QUOTE]

This is what still gives him value. GM's don't trade for pieces because of what they have done in the past, they trade for pieces that they think will help their team in the future. Gagner doesn't help teams win. Yakupov doesn't either, but he has the skill set to in the right situation. It's a gamble though, and teams don't like to gamble unless the cost is low - and it sounds like the Oilers aren't ready to sell low.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
This is the equivalent of an all in with 3x the big blind. People dont respect an all in if you don't have much to lose. ..

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think most Oiler fans would rather keep Yak.

Oilers have abysmal 2nd round drafting, so we're essentially losing a legit NHL player for a high probability of nothing.

Eberle - Yakupov - Puljujaarvi - Kassian isn't a shabby RW depth.

But the second we take out Yak for nothing:

Eberle - Puljujaarvi - Kassian - Pakarinen... starts to look a bit ugly.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
You go "all in" if you can get the Oilers to include the swarm of bees that usually chase Yakupov.

Arghhh... i don't like that at all, what if it's not always the same bees chasing him and they just send us a random swarm of bees, not sure i'd risk it.....

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Sounds like McLellan is very impressed with Yak's off season work. Doubt they trade him without giving him another shot to at least up his trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad