Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This must be a hot topic on his site or it's a personal favourite of his, but he's hot on this like no other issue.
Not saying he's in the know, but if the Habs shift Shaw to the 2LW position, they are once again short an RW.
What's the consensus on the possibility of this and the possible cost?
This thread is for the trade Rumor, not Eklunds credibility.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-All-in-on-Yakupov-What-Should-the-Price-Be/1/78841
and
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ostonCaps-also-interested-IslesEberle/1/78853

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Probably discussed at length already here but Eklund as a credible source? Not sure how vetting process works but has Eklund broke any news in the last 6mos that was accurate?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Probably discussed at length already here but Eklund as a credible source? Not sure how vetting process works but has Eklund broke any news in the last 6mos that was accurate?

He's a good barometer in the sense of whatever he says, the opposite happens.

So Yakupov won't be moving.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So... what we talking here a 2nd or 3rd? Can't see him fetching much more than that
Eklund is saying Emelin might be moved for him.
This, strangely, I could see happening if the Habs are serious about Beaulieu and Barberio, and are looking at giving Sergachev an NHL slot to start the season, as for picks I'd say Yaks value is a 3rd right about now.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This thread is destined to fail. There will be no common ground found. Is Yakupov's value only picks? Probably. Does that interest the Oilers more than having him in the lineup? No.

Round and round we go....

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

his market value isn't high enough to warrant trading him, they're not going to trade him for a 3rd round pick and fans don't want to see their team trade more for him

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This thread is destined to fail. There will be no common ground found. Is Yakupov's value only picks? Probably. Does that interest the Oilers more than having him in the lineup? No.

Yeah and it won't matter how many times we say no interest in magic beans. We're trying to win now, we need actual NHLers not hopes and dreams in some mid round picks.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
This, strangely, I could see happening if the Habs are serious about Beaulieu and Barberio, and are looking at giving Sergachev an NHL slot to start the season, as for picks I'd say Yaks value is a 3rd right about now.

I'm not sure what his value is but a 3rd seems like extremely low value. Does he suck or is he not meshing with the Oilers? Is he enigmatic?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Yak for Emelin? Kind of makes sense.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

But what fans refuse to get and accept is that Yak, reportedly, wants out of Edmonton and the Oilers, reportedly, want to accommodate that. Also, Yaks value has dropped and is continuing to do so, and trading him now, before he bottoms out in Edmonton, makes more sense than holding out hope he will rebound there and improve or at least increase his value.

Old saying..."Cut bait and run"

victor

Sep 6, 2003
But what fans refuse to get and accept is that Yak, reportedly, wants out of Edmonton and the Oilers, reportedly, want to accommodate that. Also, Yaks value has dropped and is continuing to do so, and trading him now, before he bottoms out in Edmonton, makes more sense than holding out hope he will rebound there and improve or at least increase his value.

Old saying..."Cut bait and run"

Sorry, where was that reported?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So I wonder which of the 28 other teams is going to get Yakupov, or if the Oilers will just keep him.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
So I wonder which of the 28 other teams is going to get Yakupov, or if the Oilers will just keep him.

They'll keep him. Puljujarvi will likely start in the minors, and without Yakupov, you've got Kassian on the 2nd line.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
That's embarrassing. I guarantee I could randomly guess with better results, or randomly spin a wheel on player name and a team and have higher hits.

Hard to do, when you have to make greater than 50% of the rumors include references to a Canadian team or players. (14/27 on the search page from my count.)

It's almost like there is a pattern there. Just can't quite get it. :sarcasm:

Datsyukiam13

Jul 21, 2016
They'll keep him. Puljujarvi will likely start in the minors, and without Yakupov, you've got Kassian on the 2nd line.

Puljujarvi is definitely not playing in the minors this year. Coming from a leafs fan, they said he has potential to be better than Matthews and Laine, but we needed a centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad