Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Low risk, aside from the fact that if this move doesn't work out, they strike another year off of Price, Pacioretty, and now Weber's prime years.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
I like this deal. He'll probably be worth the money. If not--it's only one year.

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
The difference between PK and Radulov on the character issues is that you can just cut Radulov if things don't work.

I'm now firmly in the "PK had to go" camp (and I wanted him to get the C), but I have no problem with adding some skill at modest risk. He is way better with Semin. Worth the risk. Weber can rip his face off if he steps out of line, and MB can always send him packing.

I like it.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
At 5,75M$, that makes the 1M$ cap space saved in the Webber-Subban trade interesting. Montreal still has roughly 3 M$ left for a player.

I bet that player comes from a trade involving Condon (sell high, buy low)... I know Anaheim is looking for a cheap no.2 goaltender... with all those signings they still have on the table.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
If you are a habs fan and want Carr, Flynn, Mitchell, Andrighetto, Desharnais, and Byron in your top 6 over Radulov I just don't know what to say to you.

Great signing I hope him and Chucky make beautiful hockey together

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Wow... I mean WOOOW.... there is no way that guy and Therrien coexist for a season together... id LOL, but I honestly feel bad for the Canadians now...

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Weber is the one who was in constant contact with Rads trying to get it worked out for him to join the team for that playoff run that didn't work out so well. I don't think Weber will take issue with it. Do I think Rads is a good player that has the potential to be problem in the locker room? Yes...

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Radulov was the best UFA available by far. The fact they got him for this little without long term commitment makes me so angry. I can't wait until people realize how good Radulov is.

Oct 10, 2010
>Trade Subban in part because of his personality
>Acquire Alex Radulov known to have baggage

2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+zD6eSi-Yq7Jm.jpg

Will the Montreal media question him about this? Radulov character has been garbage.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
How is this a bad contract ? Bergevin is a **** GM but stop the hate for 2 seconds. A 1 year deal is never a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad