MT doesn´t like Lars Eller and it´s hurting the team in the process

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Imagine that you are 23 (or pick any age over 20) and have met two females. One is your ideal image of what your wife will be like and you can imagine the future with her. However, she is just 16 yrs old. Too young, needs some maturing. A few years before you can date her assuming she grows up to fill in to her potential.

The other is someone that you cannot imagine spending the rest of your life with but she is free to do anything you want whenever you want at any time of the day or night and she's not so bad that you have to hide her from your friends.

One is Galchenyuk. One is DD.

Are you legitimately comparing the possible negative repercussions of statutory ****, which can result in prison time and being a registered sex offender for the rest of your natural life, with the possible negative repercussions of playing a 19 year old at center in the NHL, which is what, that we have another 50 point center and thus a lateral move?

It honestly seems you're arguing that the hockey-level consequences of playing Galchenyk at Center are as dire, in a hockey sense, as the real world repercussions of statutory **** are :amazed:

It's even more bizarre when your following comments are factored in:

Lol, don't get me wrong here. I have no problems trying out Galch as a C. I'm just saying I don't think he's ready to be the defacto, #1, franchise C right NOW in the toughest hockey city in the world.

Ok, so you don't think he's ready, but you have no problem trying him out. In light of your analogy, you're essentially saying that while you don't think the 16 year old girl is mature enough to date, if you do end up dating her, you have no problem with that.

This is what I mean when I say that you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth; on one hand Glachenyuk isn't ready and he shouldn't be at Center, but you have no problem trying out something you don't think is a good idea :huh:

I'm not sure how you have no problem with something happening that you don't think the person it involves is ready to handle...seems a bit contradictory...

Moving on to another issue:

And yes, this means I do think Eller, regardless of what I think of DD, is our future, long term 3rd line C (while DD is a short term #1 C and long term...trade bait or whatever).

Ok, so you've argued that Plekanec is our best center, and now Eller is our long-term 3rd line Center, so if you're ALSO fine with trying Galchenyuk at Center, wouldn't the only logical player he can replace be DD? Which has exactly been my position from the start...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad