MT doesn´t like Lars Eller and it´s hurting the team in the process

Fifthgear

Nov 15, 2007
Montréal
At the present moment, Habs offense is completely dead, if i remember correctly, the egg line was the best line at the beginning of the season by far but MT decided to separate this line to help David Desharnais to get out of his slump, deap slump and in fact it worked putting Gallagher to the Pacioretty-Desharnais line but now it´s the only offensive line that is working.

Lars Eller is in a deep slump at the present moment and MT doesn´t give a damn about it. What kills me is that Eller was one of the best offensive players of last year and i think he´s part of our future of this organization. Am i crazy to think that?

Now that small Desharnais is back on track, why not put back the Egg line back?
Why the Egg line back because at this rhythm, Gallagher is going to be injured doing the filthy job in front of the net to give space to Paciorretty, isn´t Gallagher one of our best sniper in this team?

Desharnais played 23min. yesterday ehhhhhhh why?

On 3 on 3 Galchenyuk didn´t play ehhhhhhh why?

Why didn´t Gallagher, Galchenyuk play in OT ehhhhhhh why?

The strange part is that Galchenyuk played 15 seconds shorthanded but 0 seconds in powerplay ehhhhhhh why?

Markov played 27 minutes in this game ehhhhhhh why?

Gionta, is he our future (20 minutes) ehhhhhhh why???

Give the same treatment that Desharnais had at the beginning of the season to Lars eller and you will see that we will have 2 offensive lines working and not only one like at the present moment.

I´m furious …

MT coached the team well last year but this year, he´s coaching like he doesn´t want to lose his job and this is to the expense of the team and young players that we have.

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Did you watch Eller last night? He's consistently a second behind the play which makes him a turnover machine. I was hoping the break would help him out, but clearly it didn't.

Either he just doesn't want to play for Therrien anymore or its a lack of hockey sense.

I don't care if hes not producing at a high rate, as long as he's playing well defensively and NOT causing multiple turnovers per game. He also needs to start using his body again.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Stop blaming Therrien. Eller is just average at best. Very disappointed by him. And please no body make the excuse that he's been played with crappy players. He's really not showing anything to warrant more playing time and better linemates.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's trying to do too much, I saw him intercept passes for his own teammates last night that ruined the play.

He's gotta carry the puck in, chip it deep, grind along the boards and hit the open man. We desperately need to get some big bodied puck possession wingers for him and I think we'll have the makings of a good line.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Stop blaming Therrien. Eller is just average at best. Very disappointed by him. And please no body make the excuse that he's been played with crappy players. He's really not showing anything to warrant more playing time and better linemates.

Did Desharnais' 1 point 21 games into the warrant a promotion when that happen? If anything, Desharnais is the proof that expecting to work your way up with lower minutes bad linemates and no PP time isn't reasonable expectations when the team is so awful skill wise.

We all know Eller will never get that same opportunity so hopefully the trade return for him is a bit better than Weise, Drewiske, or Briere.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
At the present moment, Habs offense is completely dead, if i remember correctly, the egg line was the best line at the beginning of the season by far but MT decided to separate this line to help David Desharnais to get out of his slump, deap slump and in fact it worked putting Gallagher to the Pacioretty-Desharnais line but now it´s the only offensive line that is working.

Lars Eller is in a deep slump at the present moment and MT doesn´t give a damn about it. What kills me is that Eller was one of the best offensive players of last year and i think he´s part of our future of this organization. Am i crazy to think that?

Now that small Desharnais is back on track, why not put back the Egg line back?
Why the Egg line back because at this rhythm, Gallagher is going to be injured doing the filthy job in front of the net to give space to Paciorretty, isn´t Gallagher one of our best sniper in this team?

Desharnais played 23min. yesterday ehhhhhhh why?

On 3 on 3 Galchenyuk didn´t play ehhhhhhh why?

Why didn´t Gallagher, Galchenyuk play in OT ehhhhhhh why?

The strange part is that Galchenyuk played 15 seconds shorthanded but 0 seconds in powerplay ehhhhhhh why?

Markov played 27 minutes in this game ehhhhhhh why?

Gionta, is he our future (20 minutes) ehhhhhhh why???

Give the same treatment that Desharnais had at the beginning of the season to Lars eller and you will see that we will have 2 offensive lines working and not only one like at the present moment.

I´m furious …

MT coached the team well last year but this year, he´s coaching like he doesn´t want to lose his job and this is to the expense of the team and young players that we have.

I think Therrien needs to "not like Eller" in the press box as a wake up call. Eller has been downright brutal the last 6-7 weeks.

Briere is more deserving of offensive wingers than Eller right now.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He doesn't deserve more ice time, but neither did Desharnais at the start of the season. This is the point OP is making.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Oh my god. Realistic statement. Brace yourselves.

Eller is not very good guy's. Don't be delusional. Every year same thing here "eller is going to come into his own, he's going to dominate, he will be our forsberg".

Eller is average at best. Has alway's been, and will continue to be!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He doesn't deserve more ice time, but neither did Desharnais at the start of the season. This is the point OP is making.
Sure, but asking why Desharnais got minutes yesterday is crazy since he's been producing for awhile now.

I love Eller, but this is just another thread to crap on DD.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think Therrien needs to "not like Eller" in the press box as a wake up call. Eller has been downright brutal the last 6-7 weeks.

Briere is more deserving of offensive wingers than Eller right now.

wake up call ? only way this guy will wake up is once he'll be traded... clear as day the guy doesnt want to play for MT anymore.

Gone in two seasons at most (will be UFA).

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Eller is not very good guy's. Don't be delusional. Every year same thing here "eller is going to come into his own, he's going to dominate, he will be our forsberg".

We've seen Eller play much better than this, so it's at least reasonable to assume he can get back to that given his age.

However he's been absolutely brutal recently. Good to see Galchenyuk moved to Plek's like last night. Hopefully that continues because if Eller continues playing like he has, I don't want him to bring down Galchenyuk along the way.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Seriously though... Eller has no one to blame but himself. He just doesn't have the same confidence he had last season. He really needs to step his game no matter who his line mates are. Ryan White is more noticeable than he is playing with Moen and Weise.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Didn't we learned anything from Team Canada?

If Babcock were FORCED to use either Eller or Desharnais in his line-up of TC, tell me he would've choose that sheltered 5'7" center, who is (we saw that last night many times) just horrible in is own zone?

Of course, Eller isn't looking good at all right now.
How good a fantastic forechecker can look in a system without forechecking?

But as for Therrien goes....

From day 1, Eller has been in Therrien's doghouse......from Day 1.
Benched after game 1, and it took everything to gain back his 3rd line center role.

Last year, outplayed DD and he didn't even get some PP time.
This year again, 3 fantastic games to start the year and Therrien broke that line.
They went on and off...then got broken again after producing 5 of the 7 last goals by the habs at that times.

NEVER diserved to loose his spot, linesmates and good ice-time he received in the first 20 games. Can't be happy about that in a contract year for sure.

Nobody can argue that Eller was doing all right this year and last year....and his slumps happens EXACTLY when The Habs suddenly lost their offensive punch, puck-possession skills and deep agressive 2-man forechecking, in your face type of hockey.

Last year, one of the best offensive team....
First 20 games of the year: Top 10 ofensive team
Last 40 games: One of the worst offensive team

Last edited:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Eller has played like **** and hasn't deserved much of ice time lately. I like him and want him to become big responsible 2nd line center to replace Plekanec, but it's looking more and more like wishful thinking than anything else because he hasn't shown to have nearly Plekanec's hockey sense.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Exactly. Said it already, at best we are looking at a solid 3rd line center, nothing more. Maybe he can chip in here and there when there is an injury but I don't think he can be a consistant top 6 player in this league

Reminds me of all the Kostitsyn love and let's keep waiting, he can be a 40-50 goal scorer.....

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Eller is an enigmatic danish. Waiting for him to be a 60+ points second line center is like waiting for andrei kostitsyn to be 30g-30a power foward.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We've seen Eller play much better than this, so it's at least reasonable to assume he can get back to that given his age.

However he's been absolutely brutal recently. Good to see Galchenyuk moved to Plek's like last night. Hopefully that continues because if Eller continues playing like he has, I don't want him to bring down Galchenyuk along the way.

I don't think it'd be long before Galchenyuk is on 4th line again and people think it's his fault he's not playing as well as he did when he was getting more offensive opportunity. This was literally what was happening before his injury slowed the process.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
As much as I like Eller, there are some posters here who would find a way to justify it if Eller murdered their grandmother.

Anyway now that Galchenyuk is back I'm willing to wait a bit to see if those two can get something going like they had earlier this year. It sucks that they have to play with and anchor like Bourque (and let's face it, it sucks for Eller that he's had to play with mostly lousy wingers all year long) but at the same time, Eller has to get out of the slump himself, regardless of what Therrien does or who he plays with.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
This system is stiffling. For a player like Eller, I'm sure he's getting increasingly de-motivated to play and I don't blame him. The worst mistake would be underestimating what we have in him due to how he is currently declining in MT's garbage grinding system.

Do I think replacing Therrien would help this average and sometimes mediocre team?

YES!

As much as I like Eller, there are some posters here who would find a way to justify it if Eller murdered their grandmother.

Anyway now that Galchenyuk is back I'm willing to wait a bit to see if those two can get something going like they had earlier this year. It sucks that they have to play with and anchor like Bourque (and let's face it, it sucks for Eller that he's had to play with mostly lousy wingers all year long) but at the same time, Eller has to get out of the slump himself, regardless of what Therrien does or who he plays with.

I think he will BECAUSE Chucky is back. He just needs to play with skilled forwards. Simple as that.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Though I agree with this, the exact opposite happened with David Desharnais. Deux poids et deux mesures.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I think he will BECAUSE Chucky is back. He just needs to play with skilled forwards. Simple as that.

Chucky needs to stay away from Eller's line IMO. He looked GREAT with Pleks and Gio last night. Kept the puck on his stick, fed Gio a couple of times, took a couple shots, dangled a couple guys, went to the net. He played as good a game as we could ask of a sophomore returning from a broken hand. The line even spent most of their shifts in the offensive zone.

He looked much worse with Eller though. It seemed as though Eller was focused on taking the puck from Chucky and intercepting passes to him lol. Heck Bourque looked better than Eller last night.

There was one play where Chucky had the puck at the half boards and passed it to Eller who was down low. Chucky then found an opening in front of the net. All Eller had to do was tap it to him for a good scoring chance. Eller was just 1 second behind the play as usual and got the puck taken from him.

I've been using the excuse of average linemates for a while now. But when he had the opportunity to play with our most skilled forward, Eller failed to impress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad