MrB1P's top 50 NHL affiliated prospects

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
One draft ? I already explained this to you man...

I already stated the Sens have the better u25 players.
I already stated why i think Chabot isn't a prospect.
I already explained why you saying "Just one draft" is ridiculous. The Habs have four first rounders in their prospect pool, the Sens have three in Tkachuk, Docker and Brown, you guys sent away Bowers, Chabot graduated. The Habs also found a gem in Mete who would be redrafted in the first round of 2016, in 2017 you guys had four picks, plus you traded Bowers away, the Habs had seven picks and Primeau shot up the rankings, as a 7th rounder...
This is why its pretty hard to think anything you are posting is nothing more than homerism,WTH is White??is he not a 1st rounder that had a very successful NCAA career??And was a lock to make our nhl team had he not broken his arm last season....
Also Chabot is about as much a prospect as Mete is... He is just far far better than anything you have on your list ,so to fit your narrative you leave him off...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is why its pretty hard to think anything you are posting is nothing more than homerism,WTH is White??is he not a 1st rounder that had a very successful NCAA career??And was a lock to make our nhl team had he not broken his arm last season....
Also Chabot is about as much a prospect as Mete is... He is just far far better than anything you have on your list ,so to fit your narrative you leave him off...
Herein lies your problem.... I mentionned this 329030932 times. This is MY definition of prospects for MY list. Mine, not Bobby Mack, not TopShelf, not anyone else, MINE.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So its hope over... Fact here,MTL hopes their recently drafted prospects can continue their upward progression..Until they actually do MTL as of right now, has no place in the top 10 list of pools ...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Herein lies your problem.... I mentionned this 329030932 times. This is MY definition of prospects for MY list. Mine, not Bobby Mack, not TopShelf, not anyone else, MINE.
And you posted it here,and you are getting called out on it....Not only be me either

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Which is..? Not mentioned in the OP what your cutoff age/GP is for a player to be considered a "prospect".

I'm guessing it's the arbitrary # of games played: 50

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
His spot on the team is not guaranteed at all, he could go back to the AHL at any point, and he probably should too.
So, literally no concrete reasoning, just conjecture.

No reason for anyone to bother debating.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
You don't have to if you don't feel like it, thanks anyway.
If you added McDavid to the list, there is simply no debate, because your definition of a prospect is non-existent. "Just because". What's the point of any responses to the list in the OP? Seriously a mind-boggling choice.

Most people that post their lists include what their definition of a prospect is. Typically close to the limitations on being nominated for the Calder Trophy, which is, "Under 26 and less than 26 GP in the NHL". Yours is fluid and ambiguous, which makes your list equally dumbfounded, and not worth discussing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How would we take your parameters for prospects and apply them ourselves?
You can debate on that all you want, but Ive made my point clear.

The games limit is arbitrary too, a guy like Mete is still 100% a prospect yet he would classify as not a prospect.

A guy like Dahlin hasn't played a single game but he's not gonna be a prospect in october.

Its useless to discuss prospect eligibility when I mentionned what I think one is, feel free to disagree with it, don't feel free to try and change my views on it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you added McDavid to the list, there is simply no debate, because your definition of a prospect is non-existent. "Just because". What's the point of any responses to the list in the OP? Seriously a mind-boggling choice.

Most people that post their lists include what their definition of a prospect is. Typically close to the limitations on being nominated for the Calder Trophy, which is, "Under 26 and less than 26 GP in the NHL". Yours is fluid and ambiguous, which makes your list equally dumbfounded, and not worth discussing.
Then don't discussing it, go discuss the 5th best prospect in the 2017, Rasmussen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Rasmussen better than Mittlestadt? What fuc.king world is this?
Dont bother, cant understand this, unless youre a wings fan, then you have had enough exposure to the awesome talent of the wings and you can evaluate prospects on a whole other level
Scouting nirvana, if you will. This transcendance in your ability to evaluate young lads might even make you a scout, but not yet.

Reactions: start winnin

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
You can debate on that all you want, but Ive made my point clear.

The games limit is arbitrary too, a guy like Mete is still 100% a prospect yet he would classify as not a prospect.

A guy like Dahlin hasn't played a single game but he's not gonna be a prospect in october.

Its useless to discuss prospect eligibility when I mentionned what I think one is, feel free to disagree with it, don't feel free to try and change my views on it.

How is Mete 100% a prospect when the NHL no longer views him as such? I get it if people want to use a different number, but if you don't throw out parameters nobody will know what the hell you're doing.

Amount of games played might be arbitrary, but we can discuss it and draw lines. If Dahlin gets injured and misses the remainder of the year before hitting the amount of games played, he'd still be a prospect. But you would have already written him off as graduated.

You list Ryan Donato as a prospect yet it's possible he never plays an AHL game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How is Mete 100% a prospect when the NHL no longer views him as such? I get it if people want to use a different number, but if you don't throw out parameters nobody will know what the hell you're doing.

Amount of games played might be arbitrary, but we can discuss it and draw lines. If Dahlin gets injured and misses the remainder of the year before hitting the amount of games played, he'd still be a prospect. But you would have already written him off as graduated.

You list Ryan Donato as a prospect yet it's possible he never plays an AHL game.
Theres quite a difference between a rookie and a prospect.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Dont bother, cant understand this, unless youre a wings fan, then you have had enough exposure to the awesome talent of the wings and you can evaluate prospects on a whole other level
Scouting nirvana, if you will. This transcendance in your ability to evaluate young lads might even make you a scout, but not yet.
I'm not sure why you are getting condescending about a Wings fan's extreme opinion and yet yours seems to be just as skewed in favouring the Habs. I don't agree with him, but at least try to recognize your own bias if you're going to complain about someone else's.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad