MrB1P's top 50 NHL affiliated prospects

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not sure why you are getting condescending about a Wings fan's extreme opinion and yet yours seems to be just as skewed in favouring the Habs. I don't agree with him, but at least try to recognize your own bias if you're going to complain about someone else's.

This post was for the wings poster whos made some crazy claims, just a small jest.

Reactions: wingsnut19

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I don't understand why people confuse Bergevin's failing with Timmins. Timmins brought in a slew of quality and talented players over the years and he had to do that mostly with late first or no first at all, a lot of 2nd rounders traded away too. His list looks as good as any other head scout out there.

If there's one thing, one thing and only one thing that I am confident about this team its their drafting.

This is a flat out lie, Timmins has lived off 2007 and has gotten games from marginal third liners and low pairing dmen to pad his resume. So whenever people use games played as the standard to judge draft ability, they're really doing themselves a disservice. The NHLers that Timmins tends to draft are dime a dozen NHLers, that can be attained easily via free agency or trade. Please direct me to the bonafide top pairing dmen and top 6 forwards that he drafted in his career as head scout for the habs. This guy has lived off the idea of drafting 'safe'...passing on skill to take the guaranteed third liner with grit. Horrible!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is a flat out lie, Timmins has lived off 2007 and has gotten games from marginal third liners and low pairing dmen to pad his resume. So whenever people use games played as the standard to judge draft ability, they're really doing themselves a disservice. The NHLers that Timmins tends to draft are dime a dozen NHLers, that can be attained easily via free agency or trade. Please direct me to the bonafide top pairing dmen and top 6 forwards that he drafted in his career as head scout for the habs. This guy has lived off the idea of drafting 'safe'...passing on skill to take the guaranteed third liner with grit. Horrible!

Subban, Mcdonagh, Sergachev, Streit, Mete, Juulsen, Brook

Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Lekhonen, Hudon, AK, SK, Gabrovski, Latendresse, Scherbak

Price, Halak

Find me ten head scouts that have better drafting than that

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Galchenyuk. Sergachev. Gallagher. Price. Pacio. Subban. McDonagh.

He isn't the best scout in hockey but he's pretty good at his job IMO. It's not like he is drafting in the top 5 or 10 every year. I wouldn't hate it if they replaced him just for a new face and new ideas but he's fine.

I also believe your opinion discounts the Habs terrible developement. They've had a handful of good to great drafts in a lot of peoples eyes with players that failed to develop. I put that on the AHL and developement team instead of him.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Zadina is above Kotkaniemi. Poehling is in a good spot. Mete and Juulsen I'm high on, but I think you omitted a few better prospects. Also you had a lot of prospects from this draft, not a bad thing, but I feel that means you left out some really good quality prospects simply because they weren't in this past draft.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I feel Necas and Mittelstadt had years that were just as good as Pettersson and are closer to NHL ready, with less question about their games.

I had Boqvist 3rd in this draft, hard not for him to be high. He fell because of a lack of exposure.
He also fell because of concussions

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Zadina is above Kotkaniemi. Poehling is in a good spot. Mete and Juulsen I'm high on, but I think you omitted a few better prospects. Also you had a lot of prospects from this draft, not a bad thing, but I feel that means you left out some really good quality prospects simply because they weren't in this past draft.
Who do you think is missing? Zadina ahead of Kotkaniemi is closer to opinion than fact

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Donato played 9 games in the NHL, none in the AHL, pretty sure hell make the NHL, but its not a lock, what do you think?

It looks as though he'd have to play his way off the team at this point. So according to the parameters set out here he doesn't qualify to be on your list.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It looks as though he'd have to play his way off the team at this point. So according to the parameters set out here he doesn't qualify to be on your list.

Ill admit Im not as familiar with NHL teams line ups so there might be some slight variations but I see Donato as a similar case to Dahlin and Svechnikov.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks for making this list. Interesting how high you are on Necas and Boqvist - looking forward to checking back at this list after the season and onward. I think Kotkaniemi's placement is fine, and right where he should be. I will agree that maybe Juulsen could be a bit high - though I understand and appreciate you clarifying your reasoning for putting him there. Interesting that you have Nils Lundkvist over Oliver Wahlstrom - is it that you're high one one, or low on the other? Another standout is Tkachuk being that low.

Again, thanks for making your own unique list and I'm looking forward to how things play out. Appreciate content like this in the offseason.

Reactions: Mrb1p

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Why do you crap on St Louis at every turn? Aren't you a fan of a team in the East?

Robert Thomas 35th? Good lord.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Some prospects I would have put:

Liljegren, Rasmussen, Juolevi, Gaudette, Guhle, Heponiemi, L. Brown, M. McLeod
Oh. Ill disagree strongly here. Heponiemi, Rasmussen, Guhle and Liljregren are close to my top 50 but just outside. I just dont see where I should flip them with. Ill understand Juulsen, but again Im really high on him.

Juolevi im dead on.
I dont believe in Gaudettes upside at all.
Mickey McLoed seems like a career 3rd liner.
Brown isnt exactly killing it and Im seriously having a hard time with his upside too.

I mean I see a guy like Hague as significantly better than anyone you just mentionned and hes barely made it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Why do you crap on St Louis at every turn? Aren't you a fan of a team in the East?

Robert Thomas 35th? Good lord.
Why would I crap on the Blues? Im probably the person that likes Kostin the most on this board. Maybe I think Thomas just isnt that good?

I see barely no difference between Kostin and Thomas.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thanks for making this list. Interesting how high you are on Necas and Boqvist - looking forward to checking back at this list after the season and onward. I think Kotkaniemi's placement is fine, and right where he should be. I will agree that maybe Juulsen could be a bit high - though I understand and appreciate you clarifying your reasoning for putting him there. Interesting that you have Nils Lundkvist over Oliver Wahlstrom - is it that you're high one one, or low on the other? Another standout is Tkachuk being that low.

Again, thanks for making your own unique list and I'm looking forward to how things play out. Appreciate content like this in the offseason.
Thank you, appreciate the kind words.

Like I said, I had Wahlstrom 13th in the draft and Lundkvist at 12. They both are close, but all in all, the winger being a goal scorer first and foremost, ill take the player that is a likely top four over the likely top 6 W.

On Tkachuk, I dont think hes that low. He was 8th on my draft list and a lot of players have had great seasons, Ive seen him ranked around similar spots on other rankings.

Reactions: JohnLennon

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have a question for ya as a flyers fan . You have Borgstrom Donato in range twenty and Poehling in mid thirty range . Where would you put Laczynski and Allison they have similar numbers to the first two and are 3rd and 4th age wise . Say your list went to 100 . Just curious cause they seem to get passed over alot and yet preform with the best of them

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have a question for ya as a flyers fan . You have Borgstrom Donato in range twenty and Poehling in mid thirty range . Where would you put Laczynski and Allison they have similar numbers to the first two and are 3rd and 4th age wise . Say your list went to 100 . Just curious cause they seem to get passed over alot and yet preform with the best of them
Laczynski doesnt make the top 100, hes good but a lot of teams have similar prospects. Allison, I dont know. Hes good for sure, probably would make it in the top 80ish or so, its tough to visualize a list like that, theres so many names I can think of. Just on the Flyers board, I wouldnt rank him ahead of Farabee or Obrien, I think most teams would have at least one prospect left that could match/outmatch Allison.

Id also say that comparing players from the NCAA is a lot trickier than just looking at stats, the teams vary greatly on how they use their players, how their program looks and the strength of their opposition. A guy like Makar may have seemed to have a "meh" year, but he actually improved leaps and bounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad