MrB1P's top 50 NHL affiliated prospects

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Fair, who do you think should be ahead of Boqvist, and why? Why are you low on him?

Why do you think Kyrou should be under Frost?

Who do you think should be ahead of Kotkaniemi?

Who do you think Tkachuk should be ranked ahead of?
Boqvisqt closer to 14th (I don't see him as much more outstanding than Hughes), Frost had a much better season relative to age vs. Kyrou, Kotkaniemi around 25, Tkachuk around 20.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Boqvisqt closer to 14th (I don't see him as much more outstanding than Hughes), Frost had a much better season relative to age vs. Kyrou, Kotkaniemi around 25, Tkachuk around 20.

Kyrou played on a significantly worse team though, d+1 season is like .10 off Frost and this year was .30 over Frost. He also did really well at the WJC. I think theyre around the same, does three really matter that much ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Please address my entire post...
I think Boqvist is better than Hughes, adressing Hughes main qualities, mainly vision, skating and stick handling, those are all elite for him, well, I believe that Boqvist has similar skills to that, on top of one of the best shot in hockey. His wrister and his ability to pick corners is just uncontested as a Dman since the last few drafts, something that Hughes just doesn't possess as a player. There's also the fact that Boqvist plays a NHL type of offense, he pushes the play up, like Karlsson, and then looks to either distribute the puck to walk the line or just step up and score a goal himself from anywhere on the ice. Hughes has great lateral offense, he's similar to Barzal in the way he creates his offense, unfortunately, Barzal is the only one I can think of that plays in a similar way at a high level.

I had Kotkaniemi at 4 and Tkachuck at 9, there's a significant gap to me.
Same with Boqvist, had him at 3rd overall and Hughes was 7th.

Realistic upside for Tkachuck would put him as a 2nd liner, don't think he should be much higher than that.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That's a truly horrible list.

- Necas simply ridiculously overrated.

- Nils Lundqvist and Noah Juulsen probably shouldn't be top 100 prospects. Both in the top 40 is.. wow.

- 63GP Chabot is graduated, but not 49GP Mete? Where's the cutoff?

Could go on but I think most complaints are already in the thread.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

- Nils Lundqvist and Noah Juulsen probably shouldn't be top 100 prospects. Both in the top 40 is.. wow.

Ive stated why Im high on Necas already.

I had Nils at 12th overall this year, also both are top 30 picks in their respective years, its harsh to rank them lower.

Ive explained my thoughts on Chabot already.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Just be thankful he considers Scherbak graduated, or there'd be another Hab in the Top 40 :laugh:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yes, so it seems. The Rangers also do and a lot of teams have 3 more.

Hed be right around the corner though.

Yeah sorry but that's absurd, way too much recency bias with your list. Quite a few of those prospects have a lot to proving to do before anyone should have them ranked above Steel, and then there's a few who just don't belong.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah sorry but that's absurd, way too much recency bias with your list. Quite a few of those prospects have a lot to proving to do before anyone should have them ranked above Steel, and then there's a few who just don't belong.

You are correct that there might be a recency bias on the list. Im after the best players available, no matter when they get there. I believe every player here has a higher ceiling than Steel. Agree disagree?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Everyone of my posts have commented on your list. It’s biased. Show me an objective list anywhere that has more than two Habs in the top 50. And that’s probably generous!
Dude any prospect list that still considers him a prospect should have Mete as well in the top 50. I can see why Juulsen shouldn't be a top 50. HF just dosent like defensive monsters nearly as much as the offensive potential ones.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dude any prospect list that still considers him a prospect should have Mete as well in the top 50. I can see why Juulsen shouldn't be a top 50. HF just dosent like defensive monsters nearly as much as the offensive potential ones.
While Juulsen is indeed a defensive monster, I dont think hes just that. He has some really nice tools offensively and he showed it in the NHL.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
also a habs fan calling out the homerism of this list. kotkaniemi over zadina? hah. with that said habs Might have 2 top 50 prospects. but i'm not high on poehling either, so i wouldn't argue if he isn't in the top 50. he tops out as a 2nd line centre anyways. juulsen and mete aren't even top 100 prospects. timmins and bargainbin have sucked at drafting for years.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
also a habs fan calling out the homerism of this list. kotkaniemi over zadina? hah. with that said habs Might have 2 top 50 prospects. but i'm not high on poehling either, so i wouldn't argue if he isn't in the top 50. he tops out as a 2nd line centre anyways. juulsen and mete aren't even top 100 prospects. timmins and bargainbin have sucked at drafting for years.
Biggest issue for the Habs....Kotam better be the answer,or its another huge fail

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Biggest issue for the Habs....Kotam better be the answer,or its another huge fail
I don't understand why people confuse Bergevin's failing with Timmins. Timmins brought in a slew of quality and talented players over the years and he had to do that mostly with late first or no first at all, a lot of 2nd rounders traded away too. His list looks as good as any other head scout out there.

If there's one thing, one thing and only one thing that I am confident about this team its their drafting.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't understand why people confuse Bergevin's failing with Timmins. Timmins brought in a slew of quality and talented players over the years and he had to do that mostly with late first or no first at all, a lot of 2nd rounders traded away too. His list looks as good as any other head scout out there.

If there's one thing, one thing and only one thing that I am confident about this team its their drafting.
Yep ,yet you seem to think our drafting is what again???

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Never said the Sens drafting was bad ?
Nope but you seem to be implying it....According to you after one draft you guys are ahead of us...

By tailor fitting your list of what is and what isnt a prospect,and who you think is better ..Without even taking into account what older prospect,s have done already as compared to your just drafted ones

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nope but you seem to be implying it....According to you after one draft you guys are ahead of us...

By tailor fitting your list of what is and what isnt a prospect,and who you think is better ..Without even taking into account what older prospect,s have done already as compared to your just drafted ones
One draft ? I already explained this to you man...

I already stated the Sens have the better u25 players.
I already stated why i think Chabot isn't a prospect.
I already explained why you saying "Just one draft" is ridiculous. The Habs have four first rounders in their prospect pool, the Sens have three in Tkachuk, Docker and Brown, you guys sent away Bowers, Chabot graduated. The Habs also found a gem in Mete who would be redrafted in the first round of 2016, in 2017 you guys had four picks, plus you traded Bowers away, the Habs had seven picks and Primeau shot up the rankings, as a 7th rounder...

Either accept that we don't agree and move on or debate from a honest angle.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad