Mrazek's RFA Contract (UPD: Wings File Arbitration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
What kind of trade though? Who is willing to take on a decent amount of salary? Ducks aren't taking on salary to move out Fowler for example.

....Ok? The Ducks realistically trade for Tatar and Pulkkinen/Jurco. They send us Fowler and one of their bury-able junk forwards. We then trade Smith to any number of teams that likely comprise half the league when presented with an ideally aged 4/5 guy who makes non-impact money be who could undergo a renaissance on a new roster.

Here's an example: Tatar and Jurco for Fowler and Wagner. Net gain of 350k. Add Fowler, waive Wagner.

Trade Smith for picks/futures to 1/3 of the league. Net loss of $2.75M.

Putting Pulkkinen on LTIR (in addition to Vitale and Franzen) gives us time to decide between Miller and Ott as being waiver fodder. Or another trade a month or two into the season. I wouldn't be surprised if Vanek signed with Detroit on the contingency that if Detroit were offered a reasonable deal for Vanek's services to a team Tomas coveted, they'd make the move.

There's also the "second window" buy-out option. That could easily be the case if Coreau/Nabakov Version 2.0 are seen as reasonable options some time into the season, should Pete get to the point of exhaustion or become injured. Same thing with Ericsson. There's always 2 of Jensen, Lashoff, Sproul, XO, March/Smith ready to join the 6/7th fold. Add the likes of KFQ, Boyle, Seids, Nikitov, Stu, Rusell, Grossmann et al. ready to alleviate the problem of having a veteran on your 3rd pair for a pitiful cost and you could easily end up ahead.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It still blows my mind that a team in the bottom 1/3 of the league talent wise is in cap hell. Just unfathomable. We've become the New York Rangers before the salary cap.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So Mrazek, 2 years at $4.5, sounds ok to me. That is my prediction, based on the above news.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm ok with that. 2 years to move Howard's deal and then sign him to a longer contract.

And my understanding is that LTIR for Vitale and Franzen should now completely cover the deal?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yup 2x4aav for Mrazek so Detroit is about $4 million over the cap as Mrazek gets $3.85M for this year and then $4.15 for 2017/18 season nice. Detroit's not even at the 10% over limit that they can be for the summer. Detroit should be fine they will need to shed around $4.1 million or so towards the end of September still have 2 months left and i still see Holland making a trade or two here in the next month or so.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm really let down with how the DK and Mrazek negotiations went. Glad our guys are getting paid but it seems like the team has lost the ability to keep guys with limited resumes working to earn money and instead they just pay them first thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad