Waived: Mrazek

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I don’t think 15 starts completely negates 10 years of data. He’s a 910-915 guy and has been for a long time. He’s had poor stretches before.
There will be a market for him if need be in the off season

Mrazek had a god awful year with Philly back in 2017-18. Unfortunately it's becoming apparent that he was insulated in Carolina and the Philly version might be closer to reality.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's got time to potentially regain enough value for the offseason to get moved for future considerations.

Interestingly given his buyout penalty is actually pretty low, there's not a ton of incentives for the Leafs to trade him with a sweetener

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don’t think 15 starts completely negates 10 years of data. He’s a 910-915 guy and has been for a long time. He’s had poor stretches before.
There will be a market for him if need be in the off season
You'd think that would be obvious eh? Anyhow, a shout out to y'all who said Mrazek should never play another game for us. He was good tonight!

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Goalies are voodoo.

Mrazek has really struggled, and deserved to be waived. But that doesn't mean his career is over. He's still a capable player. I expect him to get lots of starts until Campbell is ready.

It's not time to talk buyout yet.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Andre Vasilevskiy is lucky he doesn't play in Toronto. We would've been all over him for channeling his inner-Mrazek on the Pasta game-tying goal:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Andre Vasilevskiy is lucky he doesn't play in Toronto. We would've been all over him for channeling his inner-Mrazek on the Pasta game-tying goal:

Hah, I said the same as soon as it went in.

Jack and Mzarek can both be healthy and strong goalies come playoffs. The team needs to do their part as well, Dubas has improved the D and the forwards are showing they can play a physical, two-way game.

Time to do it in the playoffs.

Last edited:

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Big night for, Petr. That team averages well over 4 a night. He held them to just two. No softies. Kudos. That's two wins in a row for a guy who looked D O N E.

Mrazek may wind up being the horse we need to ride. Jack has never been in a playoff game with a full building. Not sure I'd trust him in a pressure Game 7 in Boston with the momentum swings that come with goals on the road.

Petr is 11-15 in the playoffs. Jack only has last year to show for his career.

I hear Mrazek as Aladdin...Do you trust me?

A: We may have no other choice.

Reactions: banks

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let's not get too crazy. He beat a Devils team on a back-to-back when we had plenty of rest, and a Florida team at the end of a 7-game roadie that was from west to east and 3rd game in 4 nights. Let's see what he does in Boston.

What's crazy? All I said was that he played well, that's 100% true and other than an injured Campbell, Mrazek is all we have going for us (unless you think we can count on Kallgren in which case you really are crazy) so him playing as well as he did was a big positive. He's a capable veteran, if he can get back on track and play close to the way he played tonight than that's goaltending we can win with in the playoffs.

It's just one game of course but that's two good ones in a row and at this point time, any positive signs at all regarding our goaltending I'm more than willing to take.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'll probably never be a huge fan of Mrazek, never was when he played for Detroit and other teams. I like to watch a lot of hockey, so I've seen him enough over the years to know what he brings. His issue is his over aggressiveness in net. When things aren't going well, he moves way too much, loses his posts and has to scramble back to try and make a save being out of position. He's always been that way.

When he plays calmly in net, sound positionally like he did against Florida, then we can see the .910% or so Mrazek again. He's never going to be mistaken as a number one goaltender, not by me or anyone else, but I like his bounce back. Just hope it lasts.

Campbell needs to do the same thing. His game has been equally as bad as Mrazek's has, pretty much matching his .875% to .880% for a few months now. Both goaltenders will need to step it up in the playoffs. Make no mistakes about it though, Campbell is our starting goaltender, not Mrazek, that's how I see it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

This has to be heybuddyhowyadoin

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
This has to be heybuddyhowyadoin
I've read that allegation a few times. I'm not him or her. Have never been on this board before I created an account the other day.

Someone else said I was using a burner. I asked whose?

Ask the moderators to check my IP or whatever.

Makes me curious about this poster and why you think I'm like them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad