Waived: Mrazek

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Hopefully we can unload him today to someone for a couple 2023 picks .. I doubt it but it could free up more CAP to pickup a LWer or a depth defender .. this is real GMing here .. I never understood why he was signed for 3 years .. still don't get it .. it was always a 1 year issue in our net
So you wanted them to go into the year with two goalies heading into ufa

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Who cares? More important to have decent tenders at good AAV without much term .. once tenders get too expensive then bring in a rook .. never understood 3 years for Mrazek went he got dumped to curb by Canes .. picking up people's sloppy 2nds never works

Worked for Carolina picking up our sloppy seconds, at least so far.

Reactions: banks

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Who cares? More important to have decent tenders at good AAV without much term .. once tenders get too expensive then bring in a rook .. never understood 3 years for Mrazek went he got dumped to curb by Canes .. picking up people's sloppy 2nds never works
What makes you think he was dumped? He was the first goalie off the market. He wasn’t given that contract in a vacuum.

Reactions: banks

Szymonsays

Dec 6, 2008
Brampton, ON
Looks like he has to come back lol I'm sure Dubas knows his job is on the line this year if there is another first round exit. I haven't been this disappointed with a goalie since Vesa Toskala.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
Yikes if Mrazek comes back but nobody will likely claim him and do we run with Campbell and Kallgren in the playoffs? That is also yikes

Reactions: fahad203

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Dubas is on 590 the FAN about how he expects Mrazek to get back to form. So, unfortunately we'll be seeing him in net again sooner than later. Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad