Friedman: Mrazek Arbitration Ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Should get around 4ish on shorter term deal, I'd say a 4-5 year deal with a 4.5-5 cap hit.

I think the Allen deal this summer is a close enough comp to work off of. Similar age and stats.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
First comparable on Mrazek's list: Jimmy Howard.

I can see why he's in arbitration given those Red Wings offers. I mean, Andersen just signed at $5 and his numbers are weaker than Mrazek's.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Should get around 4ish on shorter term deal, I'd say a 4-5 year deal with a 4.5-5 cap hit.

I think the Allen deal this summer is a close enough comp to work off of. Similar age and stats.

Except Allen didn't completely fall apart down the stretch.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I can see why he's in arbitration given those Red Wings offers. I mean, Andersen just signed at $5 and his numbers are weaker than Mrazek's.

Andersen is also 26 years old in his last year as a RFA, That's why Andersen got more then Mrazek will Mrazek has 3 years left a RFA Andersen 1 year left as a RFA big difference there and it was Holland that took Mrazek to arbitration not Mrazek.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I mean, when the club has a worse goalie making 5 million +, it's easy to ask for a lot. Sucks for Detroit though, they'll have no cap left after extending Mrazek and DDK (and LTIR'ing Franzen).

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I mean, when the club has a worse goalie making 5 million +, it's easy to ask for a lot. Sucks for Detroit though, they'll have no cap left after extending Mrazek and DDK (and LTIR'ing Franzen).

What do they need cap for? They'll have a bajillion players signed at that point.

And what Howard is making is completely irrelevant.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I really don't see the problem with Wings' offer. Not saying he should accept it and smile but it's certainly not a lowball offer.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Tiny bit of a low ball offer from wings but mrazek is asking too much(which is expected for both sides). Comparables are kinda all over the place though... Gibson is just over 2 mill per year for 3 years, Allen is over 4 per year and vasi is making 10.5 over 3 (should get more than Vasi forsure) who knows what ll happen

Have to say, Ducks have such a steal having Gibby signed to that deal haha

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sure, but St. Louis' defense is miles ahead of Detroit's.

For an HF argument, that subjective reasoning can be used in an argument. In an arbitration case, that type of opinion is hard to use to justify more compensation.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Petr Mrazek is 24 years old with 94 games played at the NHL level. Holland in a way definitely low balled Mrazek Mrazek asking price is way to high and Holland's way to low maybe Holland should've made the offers around $3.25 million 2016/17 season and $3.75 million for 2017/18 season i think they find common ground right around the $4 million per on the 2 year bridge deal. No way in the world is Mrazek worth Howard money maybe in around 3 years or so but definitely not right now.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What do they need cap for? They'll have a bajillion players signed at that point.

And what Howard is making is completely irrelevant.

Well, for one, they have just under 4 million right now... so... they need cap for signing Mrazek and DDK. And they practically did nothing to strengthen their defense.

And Howard's contract is relevant. It's a comparable.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Jimmy Howard's deal took up his UFA years Howard was already 29 years old when he signed the 6 year deal at $5.3 million per.

And Andersen is in his final RFA year at age 26 years old that's why he got the 5 year $25 million deal. This would hardly be comparable for Mrazek either around Andersen or Howard entirely different situation in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad