OT: Moving to Arizona

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
There was Iceland at Speedway and Craycroft. And you could bowl too. R.I.P. :(
Yea the year I came to the UA for my undergrad it was the last year it was open, never understood why it closed since it was always pretty packed the handful of times I went to skate.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Tempe is a shithole in many ways.
Scottsdale or central phoenix for sure.
The selection of women here that are HOT is way better then anywhere I've lived.

Reactions: CC96

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I'm in town. Landed about 1030 local time last night. Have one interview today at 2, possibly another tomorrow (the company is still trying to move some schedules around to accommodate my being here).

Reactions: _Del_ and Grimes

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I'm in town. Landed about 1030 local time last night. Have one interview today at 2, possibly another tomorrow (the company is still trying to move some schedules around to accommodate my being here).

GoodLucjk.png

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I rocked it. :) Hopefully I will hear something back later today.

Explored Old Town Scottsdale yesterday afterwards and took myself on a me date in the evening to this little brewpub, Craft64. Wood oven margarita pizza with a very good grapefruit IPA. On the way back to my hotel, an entire bachelorette party riding a pedal bus sang me Journey.

Greatest. Business trip. Ever.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Explored Old Town Scottsdale yesterday afterwards and took myself on a me date in the evening to this little brewpub, Craft64. Wood oven margarita pizza with a very good grapefruit IPA. On the way back to my hotel, an entire bachelorette party riding a pedal bus sang me Journey.

Glad that you never stopped believin'! Good luck!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Explored Old Town Scottsdale yesterday afterwards and took myself on a me date in the evening to this little brewpub, Craft64. Wood oven margarita pizza with a very good grapefruit IPA. .

I can recommend that place, too. They just opened a sister location steps from my door in downtown Chandler. Like, 30 local (AZ) beers.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

haha that's the most Old Town Scottsdale story ever.

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Guess what boys? Happy to announce - I GOT THE JOB! :D First day is August 5th. Office is currently located in Phoenix off of Camelback, but they're relocating to a brand new building in Downtown Tempe in a couple months.

Next step is finding that apartment. Offer is much less than I would have liked, so I'll have to make some concessions on price. But I'll also be remote consulting for one of my clients here on the side to make some real extra bucks, and I'm going to talk to another guy I met (a successful restaurateur) about doing some marketing for him and opening up a food truck (which he expressed some interest in).

More details to come!

Last edited:

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Congrats! Hope to follow in your footsteps to AZ one day.

You're becoming a part-time Coyotes fan too, right? ;)
Thank you! Hope you can as well!

And regarding the bolded - abso-f***ing-lutely! I can't wait for my first Yotes game. Yea, open invite to this entire board - in the future, if any of you are ever out in public and see a dude with a black Kachina John Scott 28 Yotes jersey (which I'm ordering tonight to celebrate) and a backwards Sabres hat, tap that dude on the shoulder and say "MayDayMayDay?" Drinks are on me. :)

EDIT: Actually, I'll go with the home brick red... for now (save a little money for the move! haha).

Last edited:

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Congrats man! Moving and finding a new job are stressful by themselves much less trying to get them both done at the same time. Hopefully the apartment hunting also goes well.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Congrats! I kind of hope for your sanity the new office isn't on Rio solado parkway. That road looks like a nightmare to get onto in the mornings if I get Starbucks on my way to work.

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
Just stumbled upon this thread for the first time and spent like an hour reading through it like I was watching a movie. The anticipation of if you did/did not get the job was intense! haha

As everyone else has said, welcome! If you arrived in the 100+ degree weather and didnt step back on the plane, you are golden. The 3-4 months of hell heat are in full swing, and once that ends and we get past the "cool down" heat month, life is glorious.

Message me if you need some help finding a place, I have lots of connections I can chat with.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
...and if you're wondering when the heat finally leaves, from my perspective as a non-morning person (those who can get up at dawn and earlier will claim otherwise) the answer is "sometime during the World Series, Halloween at the latest"

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just stumbled upon this thread for the first time and spent like an hour reading through it like I was watching a movie. The anticipation of if you did/did not get the job was intense! haha

As everyone else has said, welcome! If you arrived in the 100+ degree weather and didnt step back on the plane, you are golden. The 3-4 months of hell heat are in full swing, and once that ends and we get past the "cool down" heat month, life is glorious.

Message me if you need some help finding a place, I have lots of connections I can chat with.

Does that include people living here already? Haha would be nice to try and get a house. Was hoping prices would drop but that won't happen anytime soon it seems.

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

Haha thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I can't wait to get back and start getting settled in. And for sure, nothing to the heat. :) Drank plenty of water and took it like a champ. But hey, show's not over yet friend. Got to find the new crib (and do it without actually seeing it first... yikes!) I'll PM you shortly. And of course again, thank you all so much for the amazing feedback and welcoming spirit!

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Also, in unrelated news...

Dammiiiiiiiit. :/ Go figure, my first few weeks of adopted Coyotes fandom and this happens. I should get a restraining order. 500 miles, Phil.

Y'all should give me a primer and catch me up on the state of the franchise here. Some things I know:

-OEL
-Chayka is a boy wonder genius with some kind of master plan who makes me feel completely unaccomplished in my own life.
-Lots of good young talent here (Keller, Dvorak, Fischer, Garland, Chychrun).
-I'm familiar with Gally and Schmaltz from watching them against BUF and w/ CHI.
-I also low key love the goal horn here haha.

What else should I know? Team needs, strengths & weaknesses, draft & FA expectations, prospect pipeline, outlook for next year, etc.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad