GDT: Moving On After The Unforgivable Sin | Pittsburgh at Colorado | 10:00P.M. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kunitz missed player wide open in front of net...throws it to area with no Pit player...Av player shoots it and almost gets it in.

Jesus H

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don't blame Malkin for that turnover. The Penguins have to do a better job. That's identical to a play a few weeks ago - Malkin pulls up on the right side and tries to slide it across to a right shot on the left where there are two players. One guy is supposed to drive the slot hard and open up the area for the other guy (the guy Malkin is passing the puck to) Both times it was mangled by the guy who was supposed to drive hard.

The last time, Bennett hung back for a pass while Letang was open behind him and this time it was Kunitz getting in the way.

Better spacing and that is a good scoring opportunity.

Bingo.

Kunitz being rewarded like this now. :help:

YinzAintBurgh*

More puck watching...........

With Letang not doing anything defensively to help out either..........

Gotta love this D-corp

Letang was already skating into the corner... Screw clearing the crease and protecting the middle of the ice

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

This team will be out in the first round cant see them beating anyone. Time for some serious changes in the summer.

YinzAintBurgh*

Two goals because Letang is soft and can't clear out the crease. That's the difference in the game.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Oh well. Another no-show for Sid. Thanks for making it interesting there for a minute Geno. Goodnight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Malkin didn't turn it over. He was passing to a trailer and Kunitz skated into the puck deflecting it. He can't account for Kunitz being an idiot.

EDIT: Maybe he should be able to do it.

Yeah. Errey ripped into Geno for "a terrible turnover, pass way behind his man" on the rush there. :shakehead

I was worried about Comeau coming back to Earth after this insane year, and even God mode Geno can't cover up for Kunitz being a total pile of ****. Geno's wings need to be the focus this summer. A close second is to find a way to get rid of the deadweight in Kunitz, Sutter and Scuderi.

Penguinzilla*

Pens need to fire HCMJ and JR and hire dudes that are even more passive. HCDB and RS where not passive enough, now we got HCMJ and JR, it's not enough. We need to get more passive.

All not-funny-sarcasm aside... I was driving to my beer league hockey game the other day, listening to local radio and they were interviewing Ron Francis, the 'Canes GM (I live in Raleigh, NC). He was ALL about character and effort. They asked him if he considered trading Skinner and he basically said, "Gretzky got traded, I'll trade anyone". He was no BS and will do whatever it takes to win. I think my point is that Lemieux is passive and everyone the Penguins hire is passive. Their team is passive. There's nothing for anyone to fear on this team. It sucks. It's like JR is trying to turn the Penguins into the old Hurricanes (very easy team to play against) while Francis is trying to correct it.

I gotta just go back to when I was a kid and enjoyed the sport of hockey and didn't care as much about winning. This team has no chance in the playoffs.

<end rant>

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Oh well. Another no-show for Sid. Thanks for making it interesting there for a minute Geno. Goodnight.

Not that he has to all the time, but when was the last time he looked fired up honestly? He with the two best linemates on the team by far. I haven't noticed much difference since they made that change that was just absolutely essential and not at all Sid's own problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad