Player Discussion: Moving Forward, Goalie Talk

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Trusting Berube with the starting job is like trusting Strome, Lee, and Nelson to take the next step. This team is always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I think the isles qualify berube but he signs in Europe for year, comes back 17-18 (maybe they even convince them to do so).

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Halak has little value and no market.

The only teams that need a starter next year are Calgary and Toronto. Toronto does not care about icing a competitive team and Calgary has plenty of choices other than Halak

I would go with Halak/Berube and try to deal Greiss for a 3rd round pick or a semi useless depth guy like Shane Prince

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
This is a very interesting discussion...
Snow must see Berube as a possible #1 in the future or at least a Very Solid Backup?
I guess we have the time now to see how the Tandem we have now stands up.
Halak's injury's must have them worried...

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Trusting Berube with the starting job is like trusting Strome, Lee, and Nelson to take the next step. This team is always trying to reinvent the wheel.

I think it was said Berube COULD be a FUTURE #1, for now they just split starts, which I think is very good for both. I'm excited now how they both play, it's a big chance for both.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

After all the backups we have seen over the years he looks better than all of them with the exception of Greiss. I know, 4 games, but he has been pretty damn good so far. No doubt Snow has miles of tape on the kid and he came up under Lombardi. That sounds wrong, heh. Lombardi has a very long history of developing good goaltenders. He did it in San Jose bring up Nabakov, Kipper and Toscola though Toscola turned out to be nothing special. Maybe we picked off a peach.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
After all the backups we have seen over the years he looks better than all of them with the exception of Greiss. I know, 4 games, but he has been pretty damn good so far. No doubt Snow has miles of tape on the kid and he came up under Lombardi. That sounds wrong, heh. Lombardi has a very long history of developing good goaltenders. He did it in San Jose bring up Nabakov, Kipper and Toscola though Toscola turned out to be nothing special. Maybe we picked off a peach.

I feel like berube has the moxie to be a starter in this league. Like you can just see the competitiveness on him. Greiss I don't see that. He may be very consistent and you want that in your backup but he really just doesn't look like a guy who wants to reach out and take the job.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Not really. We have the roster spot and potentially the cash. The only other teams that can realistically afford him and give him a roster spot are:

- NYI
- Maple Leafs
- Blues
- Canadiens
- NJ
- Hurricanes
- Coyotes
- Blue Jackets

The Islanders and the Blues are the only contenders in the US. If he wants to play in Canada, he's going to Toronto.

Very realistic to get him.

Stamkos has got NYR written all over him unless he wants to go home to Toronto. I bet a few teams would do a lot of wheeling and dealing to make room for him and his salary, and despite Sather being gone it would be such an archetypical NYR move. They have some very good pieces to move if necessary.

With the possibility of the cap going down or moving very little in the next few years, teams must be very careful with their money and that goes for the the likes of signing Stamkos too. Snow doesn't strike me as that kind of guy and I simply can't see Stamkos coming here.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Seriously, remember when the news first sprang about Hamonic. We all wondered why the hell Snow and Capuano wouldn't call up Pulock to at least see what the kids made of knowing we are going to be dealing a defender.

Now, how the heck does Berube only have 5 starts if this was the rationale on him. Yeah, of course they get to see a lot of him, but for the fans I can't see the logic behind this. Anyway, I haven't really been impressed by any of his starts, but will see what the gameplan is this offseason.

I'd rather roll with Halak and Greiss, but if I had to pick another tandem out of the three it would be Halak and Berube over Berube and Greiss.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I feel like berube has the moxie to be a starter in this league. Like you can just see the competitiveness on him. Greiss I don't see that. He may be very consistent and you want that in your backup but he really just doesn't look like a guy who wants to reach out and take the job.

Greiss' play in the first half of the year was superb. He has looked better than Halak, and so far the team does appear to play better in front of him. That says quite a bit.

One complaint against Halak as starter is his communication with the defense. It seems poor all the time considering the continuing miscues. How long should it take for a guy to iron those issues out? 3 Months tops? It is still an issue for Jaro. It will likely always be an issue.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Stamkos has got NYR written all over him unless he wants to go home to Toronto. I bet a few teams would do a lot of wheeling and dealing to make room for him and his salary, and despite Sather being gone it would be such an archetypical NYR move. They have some very good pieces to move if necessary.

With the possibility of the cap going down or moving very little in the next few years, teams must be very careful with their money and that goes for the the likes of signing Stamkos too. Snow doesn't strike me as that kind of guy and I simply can't see Stamkos coming here.

Rangers or Red Wings seem likely. NYR can clear out Nash if they need to.

Why does a Stamkos intrigue Isles? While it might not be in Snow's MO to date, the new ownership group takes over this summer and the inevitable 'make a splash' could happen as they may want to make their mark on the team AND market. Isles need to increase attendance at BC and another 'star' would be a nice addition to offset the NYR natural star attraction over the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00