GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I thought I saw a replay of that first goal that looked like Kane's goal deflected off the defender's shin and that is why it looked like Berra was cheating on the play

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Not a single mention of the play of TJ Brodie tonight?
He was ****ing fantastic all night long.. This was easily his best game as an NHL player to date in my estimation.

I have been an advocate of having Reto Berra as the starter on this team since day one of training camp, so it is nice to see him put forth such a spectacular performance against the best team in the league (in their arena to boot!). Obviously he won't play this well every night but I can't help but to think that he is our best option moving forward. His size and quickness will take him a long way at this level.

Awesome win! This was probably the most satisfying victory we have had in a long time. Sweeet!

Yea Brodie had a great game. He seems to be getting use to Butler. I also think Butler deserves lots of credit for how much he has stepped his game up.

That was probably the best game by a Flame goalie in the last 2 years. Other than the first goal were Berra cheated and got caught, I was rather stunned how well he did. He is probably the most calm and collected goalie out of the 3 that have played this year. It will be a very interesting battle between Ramo and Berra.

GlenX has really woken up and has shut up most people that were complaining about him. It seems him and Stajan have some great chemistry.

Other than Colborne having a real hard night at center (not terribly surprising given the fact he saw Toews a fair bit) I thought he had another impressive game. If Colborne keeps this up he may be a huge steal for us.

Russell has completely shut me up about him being weak defensively. He might be the smartest defenseman we have, the way he is able to use his speed and a quick pass to get out of terrible reminds me a lot of the last #4 we had.

All in all it was a great game to watch and we finally had a goalie steal a game for us.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Berra kind of reminds me of Pekka Rinne. Granted, it's early.
My thoughts exactly. Very impressive first game. I didn't think he stole us the game though, and I mean that in a good way. He was just really solid, except maybe the first goal, but I'll let it slip because it's Kane. Gave our guys the confidence to play their game, which goes a very long way. Weak goals like the ones Mac tends to let in can be really deflating for any team, and more so for an inexperienced one.

Brodie seems to have really gotten out of his funk which is great to see. We really need to be able to use him for 20 minutes or so. Butler had one of his best games as a Flame, if not the best, I thought. Russell spoke for himself(once again).

Glencross was awesome this whole game. Stajan was also really good; just a brain fart on that penalty late. I'm happy the team won the game for him and Reto.

Going into this season I was expecting our D to get shredded on a game-to-game basis. With Gio out, it'd be walk-over. But every one of our D-men have stepped up to the plate at this point. All the credit in the world to Hartley, his assistant coaches and our boys on the back end.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For the record, Berra had a great game but that doesn't mean much. He still has a ton to prove. We know Macs ceiling and it isn't much higher than his floor. I think playing a tandem of Ramo and Berra is going to give us our best results through competition. I like both these guys and I wanna see one step up and say I'm the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Can I bet all my Vcash that CGYPUXSUK will show up the first time that Berra struggles? Funny how's he gone now.

For the record, Berra had a great game but that doesn't mean much. He still has a ton to prove. We know Macs ceiling and it isn't much higher than his floor. I think playing a tandem of Ramo and Berra is going to give us our best results through competition. I like both these guys and I wanna see one step up and say I'm the starter.

Have either of them actually seen you play? :sarcasm:

b7lzq.jpg

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think MVW could start in goal. But he too would have to make little ice walls in his crease.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad