GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
What a game. Berra stole one...even after Chicago announcers wouldn't let up about how it was crazy to throw Berra to the wolves against the Hawks.

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
Glad to see Berra had a splendiforous game. Hope he turns out good for you guys. Hell of a game to win, against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, dude will remember that one forever.

Has Cundari played any this season or just those couple games last season, did he look good in those?

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Glad to see Berra had a splendiforous game. Hope he turns out good for you guys. Hell of a game to win, against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, dude will remember that one forever.

Has Cundari played any this season or just those couple games last season, did he look good in those?

Cundari hasn't played for us this season, but he had a beautiful snipe in his first NHL game vs. Minnesota.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Cundari has apparently started really poorly in the AHL this season, so he has to pick his game up if he wants to see the NHL again this year. Last year, he was pretty dynamic on transition and in the offensive end, but defensively he was a little overmatched at the NHL level.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
It is a very good policy for bottom feeder teams to look at teams with good depth and try to identify players who can step up if given more opportunity. It looks like Feaster was 3 for 3 with Galiardi, Russell and Colborne. Nobody likes to give up picks but these guys are all in their mid twenties. Flames should be keeping their eyes open for at least a couple more trades like that.

Kris Russel was a stud with the Tigers. I think he was even CHL player of the year. But I thought ther was no way that a 165lb man can properly defend in the NHL so he would be destined for a Bobby Orr type career in a Euro league. He has proven me wrong.

But going forward, if the Flames are going to keep Russell they have to add size in other D.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Not a single mention of the play of TJ Brodie tonight?
He was ****ing fantastic all night long.. This was easily his best game as an NHL player to date in my estimation.

I have been an advocate of having Reto Berra as the starter on this team since day one of training camp, so it is nice to see him put forth such a spectacular performance against the best team in the league (in their arena to boot!). Obviously he won't play this well every night but I can't help but to think that he is our best option moving forward. His size and quickness will take him a long way at this level.

Awesome win! This was probably the most satisfying victory we have had in a long time. Sweeet!

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
He was ****ing fantastic all night long.. This was easily his best game as an NHL player to date in my estimation.

I have been an advocate of having Reto Berra as the starter on this team since day one of training camp, so it is nice to see him put forth such a spectacular performance against the best team in the league (in their arena to boot!). Obviously he won't play this well every night but I can't help but to think that he is our best option moving forward. His size and quickness will take him a long way at this level.

Awesome win! This was probably the most satisfying victory we have had in a long time. Sweeet!

Pfft I mentioned Brodie before you did.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Brodie looked like a young duncan keith out there
Said it before but that's all he reminds me of when I watch him play. His defensive game has gotten so good with that incredible skating ability of his, and now he's adding stick check and positioning to his game. Only going to get better :clap:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

Brodie had an amazing game. Taking away that breakaway chance the Hawks had was something special.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Flames are obviously my favourite team, Flyers are my #2 (surprise, surprise) and the Jets are my 2nd favourite Canadian team.

Congrats to Yogi he was fantastic, what a performance. Where's CGYPUXSUK? :laugh:

I'm so glad we didn't grab Liles, we don't need him and Russell is showing that he's a keeper. He's been getting stronger and stronger, and really that's what injuries about, he's been a revelation.

I did think Brodie played well to. He has struggled of late, but he's young and he's gonna go through even more growing pains for a while, we just need to be patient.

Again, I'm not gonna get to high or low after any win or loss. I just want to see effort and growth, it's a process and I do believe we are moving forward after overall.

Great game for the boys anyways, celebrate it for tonight and let's get right back to work.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is why there is no reason for the Flames to play MacDonald with two guys like Ramo and Berra.

There is nothing to lose with them. They either show they have it or they dont at this point in their career.

I also hope somebody claims MacDonald so he doesnt steal playing time from the prospects in the AHL. I doubt if anybody would want him though.

All this love talk for Macdonald is nonsense. He is a much below average goalie. Good enough for emergency callups and that's about it.

Travelling Blue

Jun 16, 2010
Cundari has apparently started really poorly in the AHL this season, so he has to pick his game up if he wants to see the NHL again this year. Last year, he was pretty dynamic on transition and in the offensive end, but defensively he was a little overmatched at the NHL level.

In all fainess, he had an early injury which affected his play culminating in the loss of two or more weeks of playing time. Watching him play against Hamilton this past weekend, he was the dominant D, both tough and offensively effective.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
No, fairly sure Leafs and Flames fans generally don't care for each other.

The only really neutral Canadian team to the Western teams IMO is the Jets.

As an active partcipant of both fan bases (having lived in both areas for big chunks of time) I can without a doubt tell you that most Flames fans have a healthy distaste for the Leafs. However most Leaf fans are either ambivalent or have generally good feelings towards the Flames.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Yeah, most western fans don't like Toronto or their perception as being the 'center of the hockey universe'.

Leaf fans, however, couldn't care less about the west coast and mostly only dislike the Canadiens and Senators (and Bruins).

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
As an active partcipant of both fan bases (having lived in both areas for big chunks of time) I can without a doubt tell you that most Flames fans have a healthy distaste for the Leafs. However most Leaf fans are either ambivalent or have generally good feelings towards the Flames.

They should! We gave them Gilmour and Phaneuf!

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Glad to see Berra and Russell play well for you guys. I always liked Russell in his time with the Blues, was disappointed when we kept Leo in favor of him. Enjoy his speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad