Most Valuable Asset: NHL Wingers

Most Valuable Asset: Wingers

• Total voters

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
1: Kuch
2: Marner
3: Draisaitl(yes he is a winger at this point)
4: Stone
5: Rantanen

Something like that.

Reactions: bert

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
If I had one series or game to win I'd take Ovechkin. He's still the best player out of this group but at his age and with his resume needs to save, conserve some energy for the playoffs. I don't think he cares at all about racking up pts in noncontested regular season games anymore .Starting a team I take Kuch then either Marner or Stone. Most likely Marner but Stone is fabulous.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
giphy.gif

When you click the poll and it's not 99%+ for Kucherov

Next

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Age isn't on his side, but Marchand is signed at $6.125 million for the next 6 seasons. Gaudreau has a great deal at $6.75 million for the next 3 seasons, but no one else is even remotely close to that when you consider either what their current contracts are, or what they will be when they hit free agency.

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
1: Kuch
2: Marner
3: Draisaitl(yes he is a winger at this point)
4: Stone
5: Rantanen

Something like that.
I know faceoffs don't define whether a forward is a winger or center but Drai finished the year with the 17th most faceoffs in the league and lead the Oilers in FO% and draws taken. Contrary to what people think Drai and McDavid are always switching between W and C, it's not set in stone that Drai is the winger and McD is the center when they play together.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
...in 82 games versus Rantanen in 74.
So your saying there should be an asterisk because Marner played 82 games and Rananen played 74 games?

That reminds me of those who said Laine had a better rookie season than Matthews because he only played 73 games due to injury and Matthews played all 82 games.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
...in 82 games versus Rantanen in 74.
Let’s also not forget the differential of both teams. Leafs were +37 during the regular season while the Avs were +14. If it was the first half of the season I would’ve agreed that Rantanen had a say on Marner and maybe the most valuable winger but somehow he didn’t play that well in the 2nd half.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So your saying there should be an asterisk because Marner played 82 games and Rananen played 74 games?

I guess what I'm saying is that Rantanen had more points per game, so the slightly higher point total of the player that played more games only tells so much.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I guess what I'm saying is that Rantanen had more points per game, so the slightly higher point total of the player that played more games only tells so much.
That's the same excuse I heard during the Matthews vs Laine debate in their rookie seasons, because Laine missed those games due to his concussion and his points per game was this number.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't think there's a reason to assume that Rantanen's production in the games missed would have been radically different to the season average. Even in the playoffs it has been exactly the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad