Most overrated player in the NHL right now

Who is currently the most overrated player in the NHL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I don't feel like there are many super overrated players in the league right now to be honest. Some are overrated by their peers but not the fans and some vice versa.

OEL would be my pick and he's not even on the list.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is the winner of this poll no longer overrated because people think he’s overrated? Maybe so many will overate him that he becomes underrated or even perfectrated?

Reactions: kabidjan18

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm pretty sure I know who'll go first, but for the sake of democracy, vote away!!! No hard feelings, please.

#1 -

To add:
Brock Boeser
Charlie McAvoy
Dougie Hamilton
Duncan Keith
Justin Faulk
Mathew Barzal
Pekka Rinne
Phil Kessel
PK Subban

Please comment on who else to add in here! Thanks!

Poll options are really bad. I would have voted Nathan MacKinnon #1 if he was on here.
Since he isn't i'll vote Petterson.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Yep, the rocket Richard runner up at 22 years old is the most overrated player in the league :rolleyes:
Not to mention, ppg in his career already, barely in his prime, and if a full season was played would be damn near 100 points.
Fact of the matter is, no one voting for Matthews can explain why he's overrated, it's just the cool thing to do and it irritates leafs fans which is good for bonus points.

Karlsson, Burns, Holtby and Bobrovsky are good answers here.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Auston Matthews wasn't even voted as a Top-7 center in the league in the topC's for 2020-2021, but now he's the most overrated player in the league.

tumblr_oujjupJaVJ1v0f4wdo1_400.gifv

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don’t get the reasoning for Matthews being overrated... What are people “rating” him as oppose to what he actually should be rated?

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Matthews is definitely not overrated. Pettersson almost beat him in a poll like a month ago lol. I hate playing the Leafs card but why in the holy hell do they have 1/6 of the options on this poll?

Because of the media. it's not like it's a secret that the Leafs media (Sportsnet and TSN) are literally in the busines of over-hyping Leafs players, those networks have ownership shares in the Leafs and are obviously going to try and hype up their investments, it would be bad business if they didn't. it's just too bad the rest of Canada has to put up a 24/7 Leafs infomercial from TSN and Sportsnet. And yes, Matthews is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad