Most Misspelled Name on HFBoards?

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
A bit OT but this is probably the worst I've ever seen. Recall it's 2008, the Wings have just won the cup with Lidstrom as the first European born and trained captain. He has just won his sixth consecutive Norris trophy in a landslide...

hawhaw2.jpg

:facepalm:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Steve Ott AINEC

OT but I can never spell Mark Teixeira (?) Tiexeira (?) the guy who played on the braves/rangers/yankees

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
There has been many mentioning Finnish players' names already, and I just gotta emphasize that.

Tuuka/Tukka Rask (Tuukka)
Leo Komorov (Komarov)
Kimo Timmonen (Kimmo Timonen)
Valterri Fillpula/many more (Valtteri Filppula)
Ollie Maata (Olli Maatta)
Tuevo Teuraviainenn/Teravianien/Tueravainen/etc etc etc etvc (Teuvo Teravainen)
Rasmus Ristoielenn/zxc czzxfd ds gsd (Rasmus Ristolainen)
Anti Neimi (Antti Niemi)
Kari Lethonen (Kari Lehtonen)
etc

It's pretty much more common to see the misspelled versions of most of these names than the right one. It's shouldn't be that hard though IMO :laugh:

Came here to post this. Also, Pekke Renne (Pekka Rinne)

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I haven't seen many people say "Stall" really, ever.

Some European names, especially the Finnish ones, are just really hard to remember, especially if they don't play for your team. Jyrki Jokipakka is a rookie D-man in Dallas, I'm a Stars fan, and I still have to Google his name half the time before posting a comment about him because of all the possibilities on that last name.

I think I've seen about 10% of all Bruins fans spell Loui (that really is quite simple) Eriksson's name correct.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Well, a lot of these mispellings come from the fact that the name isn't english in the first place. That, I can understand. But even then. Why the hell would you want to write 'Lindstrom' instead of 'Lidstrom'?

The one that I truly don't understand is Trevor Timmins (head scout for the Habs). Half the time, you see it spelled 'Timmons'. :laugh:

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
All the Latvian names bug me with the extra s's at the end of every word. Most popularly misspelled Finnish names must be Oli Mattaa and Tukka Rask. Of the Canadians, I never understood Weirchoch. What the * does that even mean? Honorable mention to Beiska, Lindstrom also, he deserves to be in the Hall of Mispelling.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
How I see it, Fedorov has to be the most misspelled name on these forums, no doubt, even in the HoH boards where people generally are more knowledgeable, his name is misspelled 50% of the time.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
My android automatically "corrects" Edler to Elder, Bieksa to Bieska, and Kesler to Kessler.

So generally I give a little leeway when I see those errors because more often then not it's incorrect autocorrect as opposed to ignorance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad