Most likely to have a comeback '15-'16

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Id rather a player with a future get his spot. Bennett, Perron, Sundqvist, Plotnikov.

Use him as insurance for now. Hope he has a good start and then move him for value or to fill a hole.

Perron is most likely in the top six absent injuries in Kunitz's place for just the reasons you say. The others, along with Kunitz, should make some pretty decent third and fourth lines and get their experience. The Pens will have four very strong scoring lines when healthy, especially when Fehr is back. There will be plenty of opportunity for all of those guys to develope.

I just get whiffs of the whole jettison Fleury debate not long ago. It is not that none disagreed that he had issues back then, it was merely that the natural question is 'then what?' At this point they have as much of a chance of success with the devil that they know than they do with what they would get in exchange. Better chance most likely.

If the right trade is offered though, sure go ahead and pull the trigger. I just doubt that the exchange will be a guarantee win for the Pens and much more likely end up being at best a waste and at most a loss.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Kunitz is probably the most likely. Players in his age group often have a rebound year when their natural aging catches up to them to the point that the year before they had a noticeable drop in play and they change their workout routines and gameplay to compensate for a short time.

Scuderi is just a poor fit for the system we want to play, and Lovejoy is a bit player who last season was overused and stuck with no real pairing to cover his weak points

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lovejoy, but I could see Kunitz rebounding as well. Scuds has no chance.

only cause scuds on his best day was a shotblocking defensive defenseman who had no puck moving skills and we don't really have a use for that outside of therrien's system... I mean save for PK duties, but even then is it better to take your lumps in a shooting gallery or try to counterattack and put the PP on the defensive?... His most valuable contribution is the 3 on 5 pk... and that happens how often a year?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00