Most likely to be bounced in the first round?

First round upset

• Bruins

Votes: 49 15.3%
  • Rangers

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Canucks

Votes: 149 46.4%

• Total voters

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
But doesn't this work both ways? Canucks fans were saying it was all about results now it's about analytics?

Most Canucks fans' argument was that the PDO and other stats was misleading because of the team scoring fast, early, and often, then playing turtle for two periods. The team was on the winning side of like 5 blowouts extremely early in the season while all their losses were very close or in overtime.

Excluding the people who don't know anything about possession stats, of which there are many in all fanbases, generally Canucks fans continued to point to the Canucks being an elite defensive team despite allowing a ton of chances against. Since Demko went down the team has been playing far more conservatively because AHL goalies are getting a lot of starts.

edit: sorry didn't realize this was a necro

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Preds have cooled off so I'm not sure they are the Boogie man anymore
They did clinch the playoffs after being on the outside looking in prior to their run, so it's possible they've let up and are now just focusing on the post-season instead. They have a lot of pieces that can create a tough matchup, Forsberg is playing the best hockey of his career, Roman Josi is still a top pairing stud D and probable Norris finalist, ROR having a good season and is a proven leader and playoff performer, Nyquist on fire, McDonagh also another solid veteran D with winning pedigree, and of course Saros in net who can get hot at any moment and steal a bunch of games.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
its basically impossible, vancouver will almost certainly be playing LA or Nashville
Nothing is impossible in the playoffs. But I think they beat LA but somehow I somehow expect Nashville to cause trouble to whoever is gonna play them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad