Most hated habs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

I'm not denying that DD has haters, he does have quite a few on this board. I'm just saying that the level of hate so to speak wasn't as bad when was playing on the 3rd line.

Absolutely. Even when he struggled offensively people recognized him for the depth player in the role he makes sense in and were willing to take the struggles with the hot streaks.

It's when he's miscast due to favouritism that people turn on him.

And it's well deserved.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Except for that awfull trade and contract...I liked Gomez. It's unfortunate that the trade didn't work out but let's be honest, he was screwed the minute he came here.

I'm happy for his comeback story in New Jersey.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Is this really a question? Just by maxed out threads alone it's DD by a huge margin. No one even comes remotely close. Heck, you can probably combine ALL hated players and DD would still win it.
On the other hand, the player with the second most number of bash threads was Ribeiro followed by Breezy and Gomez (I believe in that order).

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
And in reality, if you guys call what we do on DD is HATE, then every Habs gets hate.

PK is hated (9M$, takes stupid penalties, takes stupid decisions, )
Eller is hated (NO IQ, stupid hockey player, good at nothing, overrated etc..)
Plekanec is hated (playoffs choker, plays like a girl, overrated..)

Price, Pacioretty, Markov all have their haters also then.

DD gets "hate" more because he plays the biggest role in our offense group for the past 3 years.. big responsibilty, big expectations.. and when you don't meet the expectation of a first offensive center, you will get bashed more.. It's simple.

PK doesn't get as much hate because he plays a much complete game, he is a Norris winner, he is a playoffs performer.. same with Plekanec, much more versatile, can be useful when not producing, usually gets the leftover wingers or more defensive one..

Also, let's not pretend DD never deserved some bashing this season. He hasn't been particularly good this season.

Like I said, the first center is the biggest role for the forwards.

Koivu despite being a warrior and a playoffs performer, got a lot of criticisms from the media and fans when he was here.

Same for Gomez, played the 1st center role, sucked, was way overpaid, got bashed by everyone.

So if you expect that we go soft on DD who isn't close to what Koivu and Gomez accomplished, you guys are crazy.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Rene Bourque.. This poll is a joke without him on the list.

Oh damn.. completely forgot about him.

Yep, he should definitely be part of the list. Never felt he was interested to play here. From day one to the day he left.

Analyzer*

Rene Bourque.. This poll is a joke without him on the list.

Him being our best forward for the last 2 times in the playoffs makes up for it.

I'd take a life time contract with Desharnais if I could get so many of the fans who post here to stop and to not mention hockey if I ever cross their paths.

Rivet's breakaway goal against Theodore in the 8-5 win was huge.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
DD gets hated because his supporters like you that pretendshe is better than what he really is and he can basically do no wrong.

When you read things like:

DD is our best offensive center
DD makes Pacioretty work
DD as our first center is not a concern

Of course he will get bashed in return.

Don't expect stupid claims like that to go unnoticed by his detractors.

Why does any Habs player need detractors?

Especially the guy who has the most assists of any Habs forward and the 5th most points on the team. Our biggest concern on the Habs is finding two top 6 wings before the deadline and hoping Gonchar isn't out too long.

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
Desharnais is a usefull player and has a place in our team...just not as a first line center. If he's hated it's because of a perceived favoritism. He reminds us of all the teasing us fans get for having a "midget" ,"smurf" team. Objectively he's always produce around a 60 point clip and he can make any team in the league...

NOW BOUILLON.
GOSH i hate him now, i hated him when he played ....I always hated him.

He had way too much icetime...people would always excuse him for "working very hard" , being a "good team guy"

he was always a symbol of our mediocrity all through most of the early nineties, and 2000's. Bouillon stuck way longer than he deserved and I was absolutely furious when we signed him for the 2nd stint.
He was an offensive black hole with below average skating for a very small defenseman and couldn't make a tape to tape pass to save his life.

Gosh I hated him. No talent garbage player that a made a career being the "chouchou" of our coaching staff.

edit: sorry about my half drunk rant. I usually don't rant nor post anything these days but Bouillon, just his name alone, makes my blood boil.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Kudos to the OP for a clever idea to create another DD bash thread. One on the front page is never enough.

Its not a bash thread. Check my posting history and tell me if I fit that mould.

I had a feeling it would be between brsebois, and DD, and since we are talking about different eras, I was interested to see the perception.

Edit: I could go a bit further back and include malakhov, and to a lesser extent, turgeon, but that was before my time on HF

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Why does any Habs player need detractors?

Especially the guy who has the most assists of any Habs forward and the 5th most points on the team. Our biggest concern on the Habs is finding two top 6 wings before the deadline and hoping Gonchar isn't out too long.

Are you new in the hockey world? You think this is the first time a player gets criticized by his fans and media? Koivu had his detractors, Gomez had his. DD who plays the same role being nowhere near as good as these players in the prime, has his as well. This is nothing new. Even you are a detractor of Subban. You never missed an opportunity to bash "9M$ Subban" like you like to call him.. So please, don't ask me why Habs players needs detractors. Very hypocrite from your part.

Stop saying like his assists numbers are some kind of big achievement. Of course, he's gonna be amongst the leaders or the leader because he play most of the season with Pacioretty who has a ******** of goals. It's not very hard concept to understand, you play with the best goal scorer, you gonna get a lot of assists. Look Weise, I think more than half of his assists are on Pacioretty's goal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gomez for sure, he had no supporters outside of Coldplay and maybe Mathman.

Bouillion shouldn't even be an option. He sucked but at least people had fond memories of him.

Brisebois would take second place as far as I'm concerned. That guy was ripped mercilessly. I highly doubt DD would find himself crying alone in his car after games.

DD is absolutely ripped and he's the whipping boy of the day. But I think people's memories are short. He's not ripped to the same extent the others were and he does have some defenders.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Gomez for sure, he had no supporters outside of Coldplay and maybe Mathman.

Bouillion shouldn't even be an option. He sucked but at least people had fond memories of him.

Brisebois would take second place as far as I'm concerned. That guy was ripped mercilessly. I highly doubt DD would find himself crying alone in his car after games.

DD is absolutely ripped and he's the whipping boy of the day. But I think people's memories are short. He's not ripped to the same extent the others were and he does have some defenders.

The OP says:

Who do you think go was the most hated player on HF?

Brisebois' situation happened when HF boards wasn't as popular as it is now.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You are dead wrong on two points. Claiming that DD isn't skilled is downright silly but then to go and claim that he isn't good on faceoffs is just blind hate......perhaps you should take a look at his faceoff stats.

I know he isn't ideal and we need to upgrade the 1st line center position but the hate some people throw around here is borderline childish. His teammates love him as do the coaches.....that in itself is enough to remove any credibility from internet warriors. Save your hate for players that don't give a **** and take a breath and relax when talking about the ones that do care.

It is ok to dislike a player for any myriad of reasons but the venom that you are spewing is completely inappropriate in regards to Desharnais.
I didn't say a single word about faceoffs. DD lacks a lot of skills - his shot is woeful, he is bad against the boards, he doesn't brace himself well, etc.

What are you talking about? Are you sure you're responding to me or my posts?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The OP says:

Brisebois' situation happened when HF boards wasn't as popular as it is now.
Okay, the Brisebois hatred was unlike anything I've ever seen with a player in Montreal. Saw the same thing in Toronto with Larry Murphy (a guy who was actually a good blueliner) who was run out of town on a rail.
I know he isn't ideal and we need to upgrade the 1st line center position but the hate some people throw around here is borderline childish. His teammates love him as do the coaches.....that in itself is enough to remove any credibility from internet warriors. Save your hate for players that don't give a **** and take a breath and relax when talking about the ones that do care.
DD takes more heat than he probably should and it's due to how he's been used. He's just not that good a hockey player and his usage has been nothing short of baffling. Not surprising that he caught hate for it - even though his usage is not actually his fault.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Here's another r-word: It's Pejorative Slured to suggest something and then say "I didn't bring up the word, YOU did!"*

And I don't know how even DD's biggest fan can claim that he's big, or consistent, or tough, or good in the playoffs, or particularly skilled or a real top-line centre. He's is objectively none of those things.

Edit: *And I don't mean to attack you personally, but it's patently RIDICULOUS to suggest X, Y and Z and then when someone puts it together, you claim that their inference is entirely their own. You wrote a list of only french players - never mind that Ryder, Niinimaa, Bourque, Spacek, and others were also hated - the inference was there for everyone to see. And then, in the same post you claim that it's a ridiculous rant to point out DD's obvious flaws. Someone here is wRong, and it ain't me.

I didn't say a single word about faceoffs. DD lacks a lot of skills - his shot is woeful, he is bad against the boards, he doesn't brace himself well, etc.

What are you talking about? Are you sure you're responding to me or my posts?

Could have swore you said faceoffs......noticed that the post was edited though. I'm probably wrong .....my bad!

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Desharnais is an undrafted free agent who has 195 career regular season points (and counting) in a Habs' uniform.
Apart from Max Pacioretty & Andrei Kostitsyn, that's more than all of the Habs' 1st round drafted players since Saku Koivu (1993).

Haters gonna hate.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Desharnais is an undrafted free agent who has 195 career regular season points (and counting) in a Habs' uniform.
Apart from Max Pacioretty & Andrei Kostitsyn, that's more than all of the Habs' 1st round drafted players since Saku Koivu (1993).

Haters gonna hate.

What does it have to do with anything? This is exactly why there's so many talk about DD. Stuff like this. Random fact that doesn't have to do with anything just to make DD looks better than what he really is.

If you want to compare DD, compare him to other first center that played for us, compare him to other centers that plays for the team right now. What's the point of comparing him to 1st pick that could be goalie, defenseman? Yeah.. good for DD, he is an undrafted player that has more points than 1st pick Carey Price..

I can also go and criticize him and say stuff like: DD started his NHL career in 2009-2010, 6 years later, he has yet score a single goal at even strength in the playoffs for the Habs despite playing 80% of his playoffs games on the first line.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What does it have to do with anything? This is exactly why there's so many talk about DD. Stuff like this. Random fact that doesn't have to do with anything just to make DD looks better than what he really is.

If you want to compare DD, compare him to other first center that played for us, compare him to other centers that plays for the team right now. What's the point of comparing him to 1st pick that could be goalie, defenseman? Yeah.. good for DD, he is an undrafted player that has more points than 1st pick Carey Price..

I can also go and criticize him and say stuff like: DD started his NHL career in 2009-2010, 6 years later, he has yet score a single goal at even strength in the playoffs for the Habs despite playing 80% of his playoffs games on the first line.

Still doesn't change the fact that the DD hate is ridiculous. He is a legitimate NHLer who is playing over his head in the depth chart......not his fault. You want to be mad, fine but direct your frustration towards managements inability to acquire a legitimate 1st line center. Hopefully Galchenyuk will be the answer but he isn't quite there yet. It isn't like DD is a distraction who demands to play 1st line center. He is a hard worker and a great teammate who is being put in a very challenging position while playing under the largest microscope in all of hockey. The guy does what is asked of him to the best of his abilities. His shortcomings are evident but are not his fault. I am thankful that this team doesn't have cancers like the Semin's and Kessel's of the world. These are players who deserve the hate that they get because they don't care about winning or their teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad