Most hated habs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
During my time here, I have seen a lot players come and go. But some players stand out in getting more heat than others.

Who do you think go was the most hated player on HF? I'm probably forgetting some guys but I listed a few players here who at least have played or are playing for a significant period of time.

Feel free to list other players though.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think Price had a whole lot of heat on him from the more inconsistent, impatient portion of the fanbase. In terms of pure hatred on HF - I would say DD is way up there.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Worst I've ever seen is Patrick Traverse.

What made the hatred so unique is how unambiguous it was. No one ever had anything good to say about him.

As a manager, I feel Gainey didn't nearly get the hate he deserved.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
During my time here, I have seen a lot players come and go. But some players stand out in getting more heat than others.

Who do you think go was the most hated player on HF? I'm probably forgetting some guys but I listed a few players here who at least have played or are playing for a significant period of time.

Feel free to list other players though.

I voted for Desharnais, not because I hate him a lot or love him a lot, but just because I don't think I've ever seen us with a player that many fans wish would NOT score.

Brisebois was pretty hated by many, but if he did well for a stretch, no one got mad over it.

With Desharnais, it's beyond ridiculous.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Brisebois drew the ire of many and it peaked after the ski trip fiasco
very much similar to the Gomez situation, overpaid for what he brought

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Brisebois drew the ire of many and it peaked after the ski trip fiasco
very much similar to the Gomez situation, overpaid for what he brought

His personnality didn't help. He would sound like such a pompous idiot in his interviews. He was dumb too, that trip to Paris just sank him like a rock at sea. It's too bad because he seemed like a pretty sensitive guy, it was said he cried before and after home games because of the booing, people were telling him he stank on the streets. It was nasty stuff, like city wide bullying.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think too many have been at HF longer then me and I'd say while the hate was strong for Brezzy it had a lot more to do with his contract and being so soft. Gomez was hated for having the worst contract, the brutal trade and sucking. But with DD it's on a whole different level, seems very personal to some for whatever reason.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
On HF, it's DD, ainec.

In real life, Brisebois was really hated by most, booed every game, and cried and had a depression because of it. That's really tough to beat.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
DD hate is off the chart and beyond all logic.

Gomez wasn't liked he didn't have one supporter on here at all but I don't think he was as hated as DD and even if he was it might of been more justified...
Has a fan I think some player could be expendable but I don't get the hate.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
On HF, it's DD, ainec.

In real life, Brisebois was really hated by most, booed every game, and cried and had a depression because of it. That's really tough to beat.

Couldn't have said it better myself...I've never heard the crowd boo Desharnais at the Bell Center but Brisebois!! Lol...Epic!!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Kudos to the OP for a clever idea to create another DD bash thread. One on the front page is never enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad