Confirmed with Link: Moss re-signed (1 yr, $800k)

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Moss $800k, Stempy $900k. And I didn't think I could dislike this signing any more than I already did...

It isn't that simple. Players are choosing not to come here and are taking far less to go to better teams. We started getting some attention after our multiple playoff appearances. I believe it was even mentioned (at the time) that we were starting to get looks from most FAs as a good place to go.

Now we have multiple years of no playoffs and we are getting less attention from FAs. It really isn't too difficult to understand why some of these players are signing cheap deals to very good teams. And I think GMDM has done pretty poorly this off-season, but he can only control so much.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
n47qu9.gif

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It isn't that simple. Players are choosing not to come here and are taking far less to go to better teams. We started getting some attention after our multiple playoff appearances. I believe it was even mentioned (at the time) that we were starting to get looks from most FAs as a good place to go.

Now we have multiple years of no playoffs and we are getting less attention from FAs. It really isn't too difficult to understand why some of these players are signing cheap deals to very good teams. And I think GMDM has done pretty poorly this off-season, but he can only control so much.

This is a total assumption and hear say on your part regarding players. How can you judge what DM has done this offseason before training camp?

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
So when is Tipp going to stop spamming us with his reams of garbage collectors like Mossy, Chip, Klink, etc....

;););););););););););)

I know I tend to be overly optimistic, but I expect all 3 to have decent years.
And I thought Don Maloney was the GM?
I also think this team is one 2-way, 20+ G's LW from making the playoffs. It could be Domi, Lessio, in a trade, or even a waiver pick up. I expect Domi will get a 9 game try-out before Tippet makes a decision and Lessio to start the season off in Portland.
I would like to see what a Klinkhammer - Vitale - Crombeen line could do. I think that Vitale can be more than what he is projected as.

This will be a typical Coyote season, be on the bubble, and GMDM will try to pick a player or 2 close up @ the deadline.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
I know I tend to be overly optimistic, but I expect all 3 to have decent years.
And I thought Don Maloney was the GM?
I also think this team is one 2-way, 20+ G's LW from making the playoffs. It could be Domi, Lessio, in a trade, or even a waiver pick up. I expect Domi will get a 9 game try-out before Tippet makes a decision and Lessio to start the season off in Portland.
I would like to see what a Klinkhammer - Vitale - Crombeen line could do. I think that Vitale can be more than what he is projected as.

This will be a typical Coyote season, be on the bubble, and GMDM will try to pick a player or 2 close up @ the deadline.

Klink possibly, I wouldn't hold much hope for the other two, they are pretty much lost cause as being legitimate NHL players.

I hope you mean that Mossy will be in the press box; if he sees top-9 minutes at all, be prepared for an even more miserable season. I would't be surprised if Tipp uses Moss to drag down skilled guys like Gagner either, to play in his "system".

Just hope that DM has some other Gagner type deal in the back of his pocket. We were hoping to keep or replace Vrby through UFA, and then allow Domi et al to come in to be net additions to improve last season. As it turns out, we will have a hard time just trying to replace Vrby. Only if we can land that additional wing before the season starts, there is little chance that we have a legit shot this year, even if one of Domi/Samuelsson fits with the team.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Absolutely.

Who the hell will Domi play with?!??

GMDM needed to get some kind of a scorer this offseason - we have no one that can put the puck in the net.

The window of opportunity for trading Yandle for a bonafide scorer has closed, I think.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

GMDM needed to get some kind of a scorer this offseason - we have no one that can put the puck in the net.

The window of opportunity for trading Yandle for a bonafide scorer has closed, I think.

Boedker

And the window was already broken.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

There is no one. Absolutely referred to his chances of playing - roster is crap and Domi will be ruined, like every other player with offensive upside that has been through here.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The worst part of this is that it kills hope.

Look, my big brilliant idea was Lee Stempniak. Choosing Dave Moss over him really isn't a big deal. Neither are impact players. Neither really make a difference. All this does is signify that we really haven't learned a ****ing thing from last season.

Before this signing, I was anxiously awaiting us offloading other pieces of useless driftwood like Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko. Ditching the dead weight. All of those depth players that good teams count on for energy and hustle. All of those inconsistent, sleepwalking, floating wastes of space. I really was expecting they'd all get cut in favor of younger, hungrier players who actually play with effort and gusto.

I figured we'd see Klinkhammer, Chipchura, and Schlemko on waivers after guys like McMillan and Szwarz really had a chance to show that they can bring the intensity every night that we missed so dearly last season.

I did not expect a playoff birth. I figured we'd pick in the top ten. I was okay with that as long as we got back to our true identity and started playing like a team the fans could be proud of even if we lost more than we won. A high effort, high energy, hustle team that did their damnedest to stay in games. Rather than the piece of **** roster we saw last season that just rolled over and died like a bunch of pansies night after night.

The fact that we brought back probably the worst offender. The best example of what was wrong with the non-skilled players on this team. The shining example of what made me sick last season. The fact that we brought him back, kills all hope that management or coaching even ****ing recognized how pathetic this team was last season.

We didn't get rid of floaters like Vrbata. We just let expensive guys leave. This has nothing to do with regaining an identity. This is merely cutting cost.

There is no chance we cut ties with the other useless players on cheap contracts. This signing is PROOF that they'll all be back.

Listless nonchalance is our new identity. This team is all about being soft and lazy. That's the Arizona Coyotes now.

Not only will...

Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Hanzal-Erat
Klinkhammer-Gagner-Moss
Chipchura-Vitale-Crombeen
McMillan

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Summers-Schlemko
Gormley

Smith
Dubnyk

...represent the lowest goals for total in the entire NHL, but it will also be a roster that gets run over night after night, and lays down to die. It's a team of quitters.

Listless nonchalance.

Suck it *****es. Suck it.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I have mixed feelings about this bump as I glance over the old posts. Sad, angry, and happy enough to laugh are the 3 most common feelings I have. Sad to see how right all of us are. Angry that Moss is still a liability on the ice though many of us(myself included) didn't think he would try to ruin our chances at getting the pick we want with the common prediction of the Coyotes being a mediocre team again before the season started. Laughing at how angry many of the posts in this thread are compared to the anger displayed in the last 2 games the Coyotes have played to date in which is very high obviously.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Just some stuff I found on twitter.

Rich Nairn ‏@RichNairn9 · 4h
#Coyotes have signed forward David Moss to a one-year contract. Welcome back @djmoss25!

Luke Lapinski ‏@LukeLapinski · 4h
Nice to have David Moss back with the #Coyotes for another year. Take THAT Switzerland.

Alex Thomas ‏@Alex_Thomas14 · 4h
So David Moss doesn't go to the Swiss league after all, gets a one-year deal from the #Coyotes. Smart move by Arizona

The+Wire+-+Bunk+Moreland+Shaking+Head.gif

:rant: :rant: :rant: **** all of you that made these tweets. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad