Post-Game Talk: Morgan Rielly: the Light in the 9th straight Loss, 1-0 to Philly

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rielly is hella' good

He's improved dramatically at both ends

I don't think he's changed anything at all. More ice time and confidence is a big thing.

I don't mind if the Leafs win games if Morgan Rielly is playing well. Most of the others can **** off.

Rielly is playing incredibly well right now. Breaking out in the 2nd half here. Should end up with 35 ish points the way he's playing right now.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Shanahan is doing a lot of learning on the job this past year. He looks like he has got his Burke-isms down in the box watching this mess.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I love it when fans try to make things feel better by pretending to be happy their team is awful and they might get some 18 year old who wont be able to turn this crap team around by himself in just his first season.

Sad state of affairs.

I'm all for getting some 18yr olds to develop cuz these guyz ain't gettin it done

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
2cdz4uv.jpg

That's wicked lol.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Build the team around Rielly. I am proud to be one of the few posters here that said draft a D man with the 5th pick in 2012. Glad we did. Only bright light in this mess.

Weren't you extremely high on Dumba for defense? Also McCann and Faksa? I could have swore you wanted the Leafs to trade down with Buffalo and draft Faksa.

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I have never seen a team just flat out scoring goals like this. I mean we've not played amazing in the month of January by any stretch but we've deserved far better than this. I've got nothing, all I know is I hate losing.... can't stand it. This is driving me nuts, that draft pick had better be good.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It's intentional

It's been a long enough stretch now. We can see this is all happening intentionally. The players aren't getting mad, they're not even showing emotion - for whatever reason, they're intentionally tanking this thing. They're not even playing, it's painfully obvious they're floating through the games. Shots on net are wide, sloppy defense - they've thrown in the towel on purpose. No teams go this long without scoring a goal per game lol. You can believe it's a slump for so long but when it extends this long in pathetic fashion, the lights go on in your head - you clue in to what they're really doing. It's like "aha, THAT'S what they're doing" ;)

Why they're doing this is another question. We'll never know for sure. Here's a few ideas why this is happening:

-maybe they really do want to stay together as a team and get those picks? Doubtful. But who knows
-it's just a genuine lack of effort, and the team is full of lazy players that really do not care
-they don't like Horachek, Shanahan or management in general
-the players want off the team and out of this city
-they're sticking it to the fans

..what other reasons could there be? Because this is no "slump" anymore. Players are sending a strong message. What's the message and why are they sending it?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
We should all do the opposite. Because every move we make is a loser move. We cannot do anything right. So doing the opposite would be the right move.

We can't even lose the right way. Think how deep that is.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Someone watching this mess is going to give Carlyle a 4 year deal as their coach. How he got this team to 21-16 this year is a magician's trick.

leafstilldeath*

Bozak still on the team sucking life of the 1C spot and 1st PP C role while youngsters on the team could be developing playing those roles

Clarkson still gets to play on PP

Dion is still your captain

Nonis is still your GM

Lupul is still on the team (injured way too often)

#TorontoMapleLaffs

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I don't think he's changed anything at all. More ice time and confidence is a big thing.

I don't mind if the Leafs win games if Morgan Rielly is playing well. Most of the others can **** off.

Rielly is playing incredibly well right now. Breaking out in the 2nd half here. Should end up with 35 ish points the way he's playing right now.

Yup, confidence is most likely the catalyst for the big difference between Rielly's play under Horachek, and Rielly under Carlyle. And it shows whenever he has the puck on his stick. Looks more like the Rielly in his post draft season with Moose Jaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad