Post-Game Talk: Morgan Rielly: the Light in the 9th straight Loss, 1-0 to Philly

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
FXCsdb2.gif

Can't stop, won't stop

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It takes a special team to lose to NJ, Arizona, and Philly in a week.

Peter Horachek continues to make Randy Carlyle look like Jack Adams. 1-10 or 21-16

But its a small sample.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Not getting scored on as much, but now they can't score themselves at all. That has to be 4 or 5 shutouts in the last 10 games.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Feels good to lose as bad as that sounds. Real fans understand the process of building a proper, cup contending team. Retooling only serves to give false hope to the "fake" fans who fill up the arenas and still haven't identified the real problems on this team.

As for tonight's game; Rielly, simply sublime. Easily the best Leafs tonight. Best in the last few games.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
We have for sure started to play more tentative offensively under Horachek, and riskiness is down, but I still can't believe how we can't just score. The scoring chances are there to at least get some.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
We just set a franchise record for least goals/game scored in a month.

In 97 years, at no point has this team been this bad at scoring goals.

I'd go so far as to say that at no point has this team looked so bad. Even the Ballard era is looking rosy by comparison.

And, to be honest, I'm not sure that's a bad given the whole draft thing.

IUU0Z.gif

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Horachek's team never wins ice hockey games.

They also never score any goals.

Therefore the team's players cannot be traded because no other team wants a dull player who shows nothing special. Horachek's system has killed us. Be afraid. Be warned. You will have to follow these stupid loser players in the future too, because nobody wants them. They are dull losers who never score, nothing special here.

Mynameismark*

I love it when fans try to make things feel better by pretending to be happy their team is awful and they might get some 18 year old who wont be able to turn this crap team around by himself in just his first season.

Sad state of affairs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The lowest scoring month in Leafs history with Horachek the record for the worst start by a coach in franchise history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad