Morgan Rielly breaks Bobby Orr's modern points record for the first 5 games in a season

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Will Butcher did it in his first ever NHL games on a non-powerhouse offensive team.

5 games of the season we talking about here, lmao. Gimme Will Butcher's first 5 games.

Rielly has had an unbelievable start but Im trying to put things into perspective here from the insane uproar going on lol.

That's really great for Will. Not sure if you heard though Rielly just had 12 over the same period of time. See 12 is a greater number than 8. Now I'm glad I guess you're such a big fan of Will but this is a thread about how Rielly just did what we're talking about. You know you should go start a Will Butcher thread. I'm sure people will love it too.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Great start to the year. I would have thought some other player would have snapped this. Few players have been vehemetly dumped on harder than Rielly, around here. I see no reason to see a fall in points. The Leafs PP is like clockwork, on all fronts.

Always pathetic when toxic losers feel the need to come in and "ground" leaf fans. Gotta keep them in cheak. Lmao. Truly pathetic. Credit where credit is due.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Leafs are ****in' scary offensively.

Defense is their achilles heel though.

Just had to get that second part in, eh?

I mean.... How they're doing right now without him, trading him for a solid top 4 Man seems like it'd be smart.

So hopefully they don't. :sarcasm:

Ya, trading him for a top 4 dman like Larsson would be a great move! :sarcasm:

Hopefully the answers come from within the org.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
This thread basically only Leafs fans saying "I TOLD YOU SO! HE NUMBER 1 DEFENDER! YOU DIDNT BELIEVE!"

EDIT: And have to say that it is a very impressive feat! Though we still only talk about 5 games. Sam Gagner scored 8 points in one game.
Lmao why is Sam Gagner always the guy brought up? :laugh:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
In the 1985-86 season Coffey had 4g 6a for a total of 9 points over the first 5 games. He went on to score 138 points that year.

Had anyone asked me before who had the most points over their first 5 games I would have picked him.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Just had to get that second part in, eh?

Ya, trading him for a top 4 dman like Larsson would be a great move! :sarcasm:

Hopefully the answers come from within the org.

It's not wrong. And nobody said Larsson, that'd be a stupid trade. But if they can move Nylander for a solid young top 4 Dman? I think that'd be very smart.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It's not wrong. And nobody said Larsson, that'd be a stupid trade. But if they can move Nylander for a solid young top 4 Dman? I think that'd be very smart.

It just made me laugh. Like going to a party and having someone say "You look good...for your age".

Larsson was a young top 4 defenceman at the time of the trade. Who did you have in mind, out of curiosity? Maybe link me to your response in the Nylander thread so we don't go off topic.

Reactions: Dustin

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
>Montreal
>Ottawa
>Chicago
>Dallas
>Detroit

What do they all have in common? None of them were playoff teams last year.

let's see if he can keep this up against actual good teams.
Leafs don't make the schedule

Reactions: Dustin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad