Morgan Rielly breaks Bobby Orr's modern points record for the first 5 games in a season

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
There's nothing historic about 5 game stretches. Can you name the best 5 game stretch by a goalie? Didn't think so.
Again. No one is required to post in here. More than a few people think it is quirky enough to have a discussion. You obviously don't so why are you here?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
If it was a Leaf people would be saying "were looking at one month records now?"

"So what if he broke the most points in a season? Since when do we track that? Does anyone even know who held such a pointless stat before a Leaf player broke it? No."

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
What the **** does this even mean?

This main board is out of control with the unwarranted hate to all Leafs posters and Leafs threads.

Aside from the topic, do you think maybe this is because half the threads on the main boards every night are about the leafs? People get sick of things that are shoved down their throats regardless of what it is. People got sick of the threads about the blackhawks during their prime too.

On topic, this is great! He looks really good!

Reactions: Dustin

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
"So what if he broke the most points in a season? Since when do we track that? Does anyone even know who held such a pointless stat before a Leaf player broke it? No."

*Someone points out who held the record prior to that*

"Nobody remembers that guy"

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Aside from the topic, do you think maybe this is because half the threads on the main boards every night are about the leafs? People get sick of things that are shoved down their throats regardless of what it is. People got sick of the threads about the blackhawks during their prime too.

For years and years Leafs fans had to sit through threads that absolutely shredded the team and fanbase. Which was spectacularly pathetic because people kicked down a franchise that was already miserable. This is just good old payback. If people don't like it, they don't have to come to the threads. I'd suggest people who want to whine to GTFO because these were the same people shitting on the Leafs fans not so long ago.

Karma is a bitch.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Aside from the topic, do you think maybe this is because half the threads on the main boards are about the leafs? People get sick of things that are shoved down their throats.

I'm sure that sucks but there is an ignore thread button there for a reason. Just saying. There's lots of threads that I don't comment in or on because I'm not interested in them. I'm not sure why others can't do the same.

He does look good so far. Should beat his total from last year pretty handily.

It still seems strange to me that the only defenceman to get off to such a hot start as Orr is Rielly 45 years later. That's just weird.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Pretty cool. Leafs are off to a blazing hot start. I think most fans expected them to be an offensive powerhouse but this good? Will be fun to see if /how long they can keep it up.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Pretty cool. Leafs are off to a blazing hot start. I think most fans expected them to be an offensive powerhouse but this good? Will be fun to see if /how long they can keep it up.
Probably until Nylander comes back. Better trade him for other teams peanuts while we can.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He is the one impressing me the most from this Leafs team right now.

I doubt he keeps anywhere close to this pace(Obviously) but with this kind of start I'd say a 65-70 point season is easily attainable for him and that probably puts him right smack in the middle of Norris conversations when all is said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad