Morgan Rielly breaks Bobby Orr's modern points record for the first 5 games in a season

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Update: He’s surpassed it.

With his 12th point in 5 games, Morgan Rielly has passed Bobby Orr for the best start offensively by an NHL defenseman through his first five games.

[Mod] According to the NHL, the record is actually 15 points in 5 games by Harry Cameron, of the Toronto Arenas, with 9g 6a for 15 pts in 1917-1918 season.

Bobby Orr was second with 11pts in 5 games, which was broken by Rielly tonight. A historical start for the young Toronto D.

The Modern era for the NHL is considered post-World War II.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I was telling all of you the past year he is horribly underrated on here.

Anyone who watched him last year knew how good he was. Only 2 other guys produced 50+ points and 95+ percentile QoC, Doughty and Hedman. He was in elite company but somehow HF always told us Dumba was better lol.

Rielly is an elite dman. Glad you and so many others have proven to be right

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Anyone who watched him last year knew how good he was. Only 2 other guys produced 50+ points and 95+ percentile QoC, Doughty and Hedman. He was in elite company but somehow HF always told us Dumba was better lol.

Rielly’s an elite dman. Glad you and so many others have proven to be right
The interesting thing is, so many DMen HF claims are far better defesnively are playing sheltered minutes.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Sorry HF but he's one Leaf player NOT overrated.
I have been told countless much worse D are far better by so many of you.

Rielly is the one “I told you so!” Leafs fans should point at anytime anyone says a Leaf is overrated. I saw people say Dumba, Barrie , Ristolainen (this was especially insulting), Muzzin, and other 2nd pairing guys are better than Rielly.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
What a start. Have to assume that he will beat his previous total for points this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad