Confirmed with Link: Morgan: Coyotes, Tocchet agree to part ways

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
If you were magically starting a new team, and every single coach in the world had an out-clause in their contract to come and join your team if you wished them to, would Rick Tocchet be in your top 32?

In simpler terms, is he on your top 32 list of all coaches (including assistants and non-NHL guys)?
With a very simple answer- no.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Was reading around HF, on the Rangers board RE: the possibility of hiring Tocchet.

this guy nails it:
Levitate said:
the whole tocchet thing makes me wonder if this is a case of when NHL insider groups get too focused on a guy they know well (was a player, assistant coach, etc) and think is a "good guy" and manage to ignore the lack of any results in his coaching career etc

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I doubt RT gets a head coaching job and doubt he steps back into an assistant role. Maybe he fights Logan Paul.
That would be more entertaining than the "fight" I just watched. I feel sorry for the people that paid for it. The prelim fight before the main even looked like the guy took a dive. The 10 seconds Jose Canseco pretended to fight in that Rough and Rowdy thing was more fun to watch. It was better than when Mayweather carried McGreggor for however many rounds a few years ago though.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
That would be more entertaining than the "fight" I just watched.
So did Floyd just let him go eight so Logan can tell his idols "ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSIBLE!" or was Logan's size, youth and hugging actually a legit factor keeping him in it?
Not to hijack the thread but just curious and that's all I'll say on it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So did Floyd just let him go eight so Logan can tell his idols "ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSIBLE!" or was Logan's size, youth and hugging actually a legit factor keeping him in it?
Not to hijack the thread but just curious and that's all I'll say on it.
I think he barely tried. $50 mil he made for that "exhibition". Wouldn't be surprised to hear about a rematch soon and people will pay to see it for some reason.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad