More valuable to the future of the franchise: henrique or larsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Everyone is souring on Adam Larsson what the **** is happening on these boards? What has Larsson showed anyone lately to make them think something is wrong?

Wish he would get into a game. I would scratch a few guys for him at the moment. Zid has been a bigger cone than Volch since game 2. Our PP isn't working with the one man advantage anyway.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Not so sure on Larsson at the moment.

PDB doesn't develop his young dmen that great. I say he becomes a steady 2nd pairing guy that does everything meh with some strokes of genius in his passing.

Prove me wrong Adam.

Who exactly are you referring to with this? Who are the previous defencemen he has not developed well?

Everyone is souring on Adam Larsson what the **** is happening on these boards? What has Larsson showed anyone lately to make them think something is wrong?

He doesn't play for four games and suddenly HF thinks the Devils are ruining his development. I think I trust DeBoer and Lou a bit more than the random clods on the main board.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

no we're not. SOME of us are. Some others are just waiting for a coaching staff to figure out what the hell they are doing at forward then start adjusting the D lineup to it's normal rest of the season mode.

Reactions: OmNomNom

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It's a tough choice for me, but I'll go with Henrique... for now ;)

Henrique has proven that regardless of the league he plays in, he'll perform at a top level. He plays the game with so much smarts, isn't scared of anything and sees the ice real well. I think he'll be the backbone to our offense for years to come.

Larsson will be a great d-men but there's something that rubs me the wrong way when I watch him play. It might be his lack of "presence" on the ice, despite being built like a giant for his age, or that mean streak he doesn't really have... IDK.

To me, Henrique has the total package and he really reminds me of Mike Richards, a player that can do it all at the highest of levels.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Wish he would get into a game. I would scratch a few guys for him at the moment. Zid has been a bigger cone than Volch since game 2. Our PP isn't working with the one man advantage anyway.

Zid has been awful. PIM's, and guys going around him like he's standing in sand (which, of course, leads to more PIMs).

oduya is a +8. come at me, board. where are all of the people that argued that zidlicky was the best option, an amazing PMD, etc? he's been awful. maybe he'll find his groove, and he has shown some promise and good mentality during PP time, but thats it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Zid has been awful. PIM's, and guys going around him like he's standing in sand (which, of course, leads to more PIMs).

oduya is a +8. come at me, board. where are all of the people that argued that zidlicky was the best option, an amazing PMD, etc? he's been awful. maybe he'll find his groove, and he has shown some promise and good mentality during PP time, but thats it.

Zids has been pretty bad this season thus far, but he did make the great pass to Kovy in OT vs Washingston, not many defensemen make that heady pass.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wolanin was pretty alright for about 10 years before he went downhill. Never played another NHL game after he was 30 though.

Larsson will be better than that, but he can't prove it sitting in the box. This is exactly what I was afraid of too. When we signed Bryce I said if we keep 8 defensemen on opening night I had a bad feeling about Larsson. He would either be in the minors, or be the odd man out at the beginning. Unfortunately I've been right, but I'm not happy about. Would have much rather been wrong. No one agreed with me either.

DevilChuk*

Better question: Which Adam has more of an impact in their return to the lineup tonight!!

lboogie42*

some guy on the polls board is trying to say that larsson has shown no glimpses of being a #1 dman. idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad