More recent obscure captains than Derek McKenzie?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
steve mckenna once wore the C for the pre-crosby/malkin pens

CX5bonTWsAAOj9D.jpg

Was coming here to post this. Wore it for 1 game because all NHL captains wore a jersey to be auctioned off for hockey fights cancer, and naturally Mario was hurt. Nice gesture, but I can’t imagine that jersey generated a large donation.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I hate threads like these. A Captain is a leader, not just the best player or two on the team nowadays.

We have no idea how these guys were in the locker room. They might’ve been the guys giving the rallying speech during intermission, the one that pushes everyone else in the weight room, the guy that mentors the young’ins.

Without inside knowledge, we have no idea.

Yes, thus those leadership and intangibles lists all normally BS. The whole willing your team to win nonsense.

Reactions: derriko

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wasn't he stripped of the captaincy and then Craig Conroy the captain before Iggy? As for my response...another vote for Chris Clark. Once he was traded, OV was named captain.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't he actually put on waivers?

I think the co-captains of Carolina are pretty strange. I believe Faulk wears the C on the road, and Jordan Staal at home.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I cant find it anywhere but I swear I remember Shane O’brien being the Flames captain for a short while. Can any Flames fans chime in and confirm this or tell me Im full of it?

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
I hate threads like these. A Captain is a leader, not just the best player or two on the team nowadays.

We have no idea how these guys were in the locker room. They might’ve been the guys giving the rallying speech during intermission, the one that pushes everyone else in the weight room, the guy that mentors the young’ins.

Without inside knowledge, we have no idea.
I totally agree. I like MacKenzie as a Captain.

This is why McDavid is a terrible captain. What a stupid move by the Oilers. Typical, I suppose.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
my theory is that each and every year the players should vote on who the captain should be that year. the players know who motivates them.

others who comment on who the captain should be really don't have a bloody clue and it's comical to read them pretending to know.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I totally agree. I like MacKenzie as a Captain.

This is why McDavid is a terrible captain. What a stupid move by the Oilers. Typical, I suppose.

So you are quoting a post that says that we shouldn't judge captains because we dont know what is happening in the locker room just to say McDavid is a terrible captain in the next sentence?

Thats kinda ironic, I love this forum

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Think that's a Lou thing. Leafs still going without a captain this season.

The obvious choices for the C going into next season would be Matthews or Rielly, but fully expecting something stupid like Polak or Komarov

For the most part it's the coaching staff that picks captains, don't know how it would be a Lou thing. And Parise was the captain prior to Salvador. They pick players who are leaders.

Aug 25, 2009
éal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille