Post-Game Talk: More Puns? Datsyuks! Franzen family watch Pens (6) wave Tatar to Red Wings (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
4381978.jpg

:sarcasm:

Good lord accurate. Even though last night's game was tough to debate because everyone played strong, a win and a loss is the difference between 10 pages.

CEC needs to go back to Song 2 for the goal celebrations. This current music is weak as ****.

Preach. What the **** are they thinking? I'm totally cool with the emergence of EDM music because the genre is extremely popular, especially in Europe, and every arena is throwing it in.

But the rest of the garbage is AWFUL. Song #2 is our goal song. Period. Get that **** back.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
What last night taught us is...

- Sundqvist belongs in the NHL. He's helping this team immensely. Perfect No. 3 center behind Crosby and Malkin, imo.

- Hagelin and Hornqvist should always play together, they play the checking role to perfection. Keep Cullen between them for now, but eventually move Sundqvist between them. Hagelin-Sundqvist-Hornqvist could be our Cooke-Staal-Kennedy 2.0 (FINALLY!).

- Crosby and Kessel CAN play together. Please give it 20 games, and don't worry if they stop producing for a few games. It's a great match. Love it.

- We are going to target rental wingers to play with Malkin before the deadline. It seems logical. I would look for a more long-term solution, myself. Teemu Pulkkinen would be ideal.

- The youth has brought a lot to the team. Pouliot is playing well. I think we have a surplus of 'similar' players in Wilson, Rust, Bonino (when he returns) and Kuhnhackl. We should use this surplus when we are looking for rentals.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
You're sure about Sundqvist? I think it's presumptuous. I don't have a problem with him but I'd like to see him about a year and 5-10 lbs from now. No telling whether or not he'd produce as a 3C either. Kind of important.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You're sure about Sundqvist? I think it's presumptuous. I don't have a problem with him but I'd like to see him about a year and 5-10 lbs from now. No telling whether or not he'd produce as a 3C either. Kind of important.

He certainly can give us what Bonino/Cullen/Fehr have given us, production-wise, next season.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
He certainly can give us what Bonino/Cullen/Fehr have given us, production-wise, next season.

Cullen has been clutch. I think you should probably throw him out of that list.

I don't think I'm ready to give the guy the third line center job just because Bonino and Fehr haven't been up to snuff production-wise. In his interest also I'd like him to play a little more in this league and if possible put on more weight. I just don't think he's ready yet. There's not giving guys a chance and there's throwing a guy in the mix when he's simply not seasoned.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What last night taught us is...

- Sundqvist belongs in the NHL. He's helping this team immensely. Perfect No. 3 center behind Crosby and Malkin, imo.

- Hagelin and Hornqvist should always play together, they play the checking role to perfection. Keep Cullen between them for now, but eventually move Sundqvist between them. Hagelin-Sundqvist-Hornqvist could be our Cooke-Staal-Kennedy 2.0 (FINALLY!).

- Crosby and Kessel CAN play together. Please give it 20 games, and don't worry if they stop producing for a few games. It's a great match. Love it.

- We are going to target rental wingers to play with Malkin before the deadline. It seems logical. I would look for a more long-term solution, myself. Teemu Pulkkinen would be ideal.

- The youth has brought a lot to the team. Pouliot is playing well. I think we have a surplus of 'similar' players in Wilson, Rust, Bonino (when he returns) and Kuhnhackl. We should use this surplus when we are looking for rentals.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. One thing I want to touch on is Crosby/Kessel. I think it's clicking because Sid isn't deferring like he was prior. That opens up PK to do what he does and that is float around and snipe. Sid's board work has been absolutely out of this world uncanny good. If Kunitz can forecheck/backcheck (lulz) and Sid can keep playing his 2-way game... then PK is the best choice for that line. Dynamic.

Secondly, Oscar definitely has played well, but I'm worried about our faceoffs, thus he will eventually be one of the first back to WBS wuth Kuhn. He's clicking at less than 50 and the last 2 games I think we got pretty much beat up with important faceoffs. His defensive game has been great. His board work is good. His offense... very WBS call-up material. I really like that I see. Dude is big, too.

*Btw.. NHL.com sucks nowadays for stats. Their website is garbage.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The biggest thing with Sunqvist is that he's a presence. You always notice his size, strength, and defense on the ice.

Imma be said if he's sent down. He makes us better.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The biggest thing with Sunqvist is that he's a presence. You always notice his size, strength, and defense on the ice.

Imma be said if he's sent down. He makes us better.

What do you do if Bonino and Geno are back at the same time? Kuhn obviously is the first to go, IMO. He's really not good. Porter is Craig Adams goalless in 51. Maybe he goes? Keep Wilson, Sunqvist, Rust, and Sheary?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What do you do if Bonino and Geno are back at the same time? Kuhn obviously is the first to go, IMO. He's really not good. Porter is Craig Adams goalless in 51. Maybe he goes? Keep Wilson, Sunqvist, Rust, and Sheary?

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Hagelin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Rust - Bonino - Fehr
Cullen/Sundqvist - Porter/Wilson/Bennett

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

That's the order I'd send them. And I'd keep Sundqvist over Sheary if it comes up, but I doubt management agrees. But who knows.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

That's the order I'd send them. And I'd keep Sundqvist over Sheary if it comes up, but I doubt management agrees. But who knows.

That's how I'd do it. Rust, Sundqvist, and Wilson have been the best of the WBS crew and deserve to stay up,.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel
Rust - Bonino - Fehr
Cullen/Sundqvist - Porter/Wilson/Bennett

I do not disagree AT ALL. I like it. I like Rust on that 3rd line, too.

As Ogre said, I am definitely in for keeping Sundqvist. Especially over Sheary. I love Sheary's speed, but he doesn't control the puck well at all when it's a 50/50 battle. Sunqvist does.

Something does need to be said for Sheary/Wilson together on a 4th line. Those 2 have crazy chemistry and speed. Sheary w/o Wilson was garbage. Wilson w/o Sheary was rather pointless. But those 2 recently together have been REALLY good. It's almost weird.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I do not disagree AT ALL. I like it. I like Rust on that 3rd line, too.

As Ogre said, I am definitely in for keeping Sundqvist. Especially over Sheary. I love Sheary's speed, but he doesn't control the puck well at all when it's a 50/50 battle. Sunqvist does.

Something does need to be said for Sheary/Wilson together on a 4th line. Those 2 have crazy chemistry and speed. Sheary w/o Wilson was garbage. Wilson w/o Sheary was rather pointless. But those 2 recently together have been REALLY good. It's almost weird.

speed, tenacity, defensive responsibility, some scoring ability on all 4 lines.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
he was awfully close to two, so imagine if lovejoy wouldve had a hat trick of absurd deflection goals. steigy mightve wept on air

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
Maybe I'm way off, but other than the Kunitz-is-a-penguin-for-life stuff, would Hagelin's speed not be a much better complement to Crosby and Kessel? Or is he being kept separate for Malkin when he comes back?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I like Rust as a permanent fixture in the bottom 6. He may never elevate above the 4th line, but he adds a dynamic element when he's on the ice.

Sundqvist will be ready to center the 4th line as soon as next year, though I really want to keep Cullen around.

2016-2017 ?

Bonino Trade - Crosby - Kessel
Kunitz - Fehr - Sprong
Rust - Cullen - Sundqvist

Wilson needs to keep filling the net to stick. Sheary does some nice things, but his size limits him on the 4th line.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Awkward...

Not really. What are they supposed to do, be dicks to him like the coaching staff and the fanbase?

****, that makes me actually like the team a bit more. Still think it's ****** the way the coaching staff is dealing with Plotnikov, especially if they're just holding him out of games so he doesn't get paid his bonus. But the players? They're okay by me, which is something I didn't think I'd say three months ago.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not really. What are they supposed to do, be dicks to him like the coaching staff and the fanbase?

****, that makes me actually like the team a bit more. Still think it's ****** the way the coaching staff is dealing with Plotnikov, especially if they're just holding him out of games so he doesn't get paid his bonus. But the players? They're okay by me, which is something I didn't think I'd say three months ago.

If that's really why they're keeping him out...ughhhhhhh.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Awkward...

Make no ****ing sense what they're doing to him and it actually making me dislike Sullivan already. No excuse to treat a player this way. Move him, sending him to WBS, or play him. There's no 4th option.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Re: Shero's drafting record, let's not go crazy here. It's ALL bottom-six, fill-in and role players.

He's nowhere near off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad