Post-Game Talk: More Puns? Datsyuks! Franzen family watch Pens (6) wave Tatar to Red Wings (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm still cracking up about Sheary on Wilson's goal.

Green committed like half a dozen penalties on that play and still couldn't stop him. At one point he had a better grip on Sheary's stick than his own.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
Nice win, 2 page pgt.

4381978.jpg

:sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hopefully this is the point where Kessel breaks out offensively and goes on one of his hot streaks. He's been underwhelming so far this year, but he's also the type of player who can go on a 20 goals in 25 games tear. That's the Kessel we need heading into the playoffs.

17 points in his last 20 games. He's been doing better for a while now. From his 3rd season on (when he clearly took a big step forward) he has scored at an average of a 70 point pace. He's been at a 69 point pace the last 20 games. He's moving back towards that norm.

Hoping for him to get to a 20 goal in 25 game tear is asking an awful lot though. That is double his goal scoring pace. I don't think we need him to do something like that. We just need him to stay at this pace and maintain it into the playoffs. Better would be great, but expecting a lot better seems like setting up for disappointment.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Green committed like half a dozen penalties on that play and still couldn't stop him. At one point he had a better grip on Sheary's stick than his own.

That play was awesome live. The place went nuts. Sheary and Wilson went nuts. It was great.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Love Cullen. He's quietly done the job no matter where we've put him. Guy is the best vet signing we've had in a long time. He's so damned solid.

Yup great move to pick him up. He also hasnt looked half bad on Sid or Malkins wings.

I actually think hell be around for a little while longer. His skating has held up and hes so smart.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
CEC needs to go back to Song 2 for the goal celebrations. This current music is weak as ****.

Ugh, please, no.

Every other team (except Boston) made a concerted effort to have a unique song this year (mostly thanks to the unofficial "No Gary Glitter" policy, which also somehow managed to take the overuse of Blur and Zombie Nation down with it), let's not go back to being generic.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Good game last night overall. I was worried for a minute there it'd be a shootout the entire game but we settled it down and played really well especially the second half of the game.

Wilson scored which was nice, but I'm still not real high on these guys. If they brought in a couple more established plugs I wouldn't complain. These guys are very likable though. They hustle and the abilities they do have, they make the most of.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Nice win, 2 page pgt.

Not a lot to complain about :)

I thought Kuni looked good again. If doesn't turn the puck over constantly he is still an acceptable third wheel. But this effort has to be his normal play and can't be his highs. I doubt he will bring it constantly but would be great. It's sad how much I dislike him a lot of nights because he was a great contributor for a long time here.

MAF was great. Still can't believe his save on the goalie interference. Don't know why Abdelkader was not penalized.

Great game by Sheary, too. Why was he so strong on his skates? He couldn't even skate without falling down before :laugh:

Tanger was great defensively. Made a lot good stickplays and was very aware of loose pucks around our net.

Pooh is getting his game together. If he can play the right side it would be great for our future setup.

MrWilson*

Its always good to watch a few AHLers work their ***** off and make millionaires look like lazy *****es. Those lines are like watching NCAA hockey--nuthin too flashy but very entertaining to watch them control the puck for 20-30 seconds at a crack through almost pure hustle.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Typically teams dump it in and play prevent. Those guys kept the foot on the gas all game and should start next game for that final effort. That was awesome. That was hunger. I'd reward those guys for that awesome effort.

That effort is what this team wins on. Gotta love that.

Yup, well said, and I think that relentlessness on the front foot was my favorite part of last night too.

There was a moment I think right after the fourth goal where the Pens regained the puck in their zone with the Hags-Cullen-PH line were out there and suddenly it looked like a 4 on 2/3 jailbreak over their blueline. Ultimately the chance got fluffed, but the fact that we had just scored, the building was rocking, and these guys were still going hell-for-leather was just awesome to watch.

And not to beat a dead horse, but I tried to think of a situation like that EVER happening under MJ and I drew a blank. A situation where we had a team on the back foot and the players knew to just keep pressing.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

I wish they had a camera on Plots when that was scored, lol.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would. For exactly one more year, regardless of anything that happens from now on. I don't know why they would do anything more than that but I think it's just Vietnam-esque flashbacks of Craig Adams' tenure.

Cullen > Adams. Porter is Adams. Cullen is like old Vitale but useful.

Its always good to watch a few AHLers work their ***** off and make millionaires look like lazy *****es. Those lines are like watching NCAA hockey--nuthin too flashy but very entertaining to watch them control the puck for 20-30 seconds at a crack through almost pure hustle.

Best game I ever saw live was a Golden Gophers game against Michigan or Wisconsin...can't remember who. Pretty sure it was the year Wisconsin won so maybe 2006-ish? Kids on both sides...just not stop work.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Cullen > Adams. Porter is Adams. Cullen is like old Vitale but useful.

I agree, but he could easily become Adams in an instant at this age. I'm not signing him at 40 under any circumstances. Hell, he'll be 40 next November! Even next year is a risk, but I'm willing to take it. Not the year after though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel like Letang has quietly been pretty good lately. Offense has cooled down a bit but so have his boneheaded plays.

His high stick the other night was ridiculously dumb. :laugh: But he definitely went beast mode late in the game defensively. He was train wrecking everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad