Post-Game Talk: More Puns? Datsyuks! Franzen family watch Pens (6) wave Tatar to Red Wings (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nypjvki9NZ1txyx4lo1_1280.png

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Sid
+ Kessel
+ Horny
+ish MAF
+ Wilson
+ Sheary
+ Letang
+ Daley

+ other things

Yeah it's hard breaking down individuals today. Our stars were stars. Our role players won us the game by outplaying their role players. Kessel scored. Fleury made huge saves. I really can't argue too much about this game. Just a thing of beaut.

I'll take games like that all day long.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sweet, sweet possession to end the game by Wilson - Sundqvist - Rust.

Really good to see Kessel convert a couple here. That's not the switch I'd have made to the top line, but it sure worked tonight.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
You're a goddamn animal, IC.

Keep Sid-Kessel together until they prove once and for all whether or not they work. It's not like Kessel's goals were some kind of brilliant collaboration between the two, but it is what it is.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Still surprised Kunitz won that puck battle/race along the end-boards for Kessels goal.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Love Cullen. He's quietly done the job no matter where we've put him. Guy is the best vet signing we've had in a long time. He's so damned solid.

hafaba

Dec 8, 2015
Vienna
That was a overall good performance by the team.
Maybe the best one this year. Everything was just right. From coaching to playing.

And i hope the pens just lost their fear of letting young players do something for their money.
Just let them play and they bring some kind of energy to a team.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Really enjoyed the 3rd line taking it to the Wings in the last minute there.

Flower was solid, great team game. Can't wait for everyone to get Healthy.

Sid and Phil for the rest of the season please. Find Geno a RW trigger man

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ general team effort.
+ Sid and Kessel
+ baby Pens
+ some crazy saves by MAF.

I'm starting to wonder if Kessel needs the pressure of being called out by the higher ups/media in order to perform. Maybe all his time in Toronto has trained him to respond to criticism?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Cullen's just one of those guys, like Jagr, who doesn't get worse with age.
Keeps himself in great shape and works on his game every off-season.
He was on Zetterberg all night. Hounding him.
Can't believe the guy is 39.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Maf was shaky in the beginning but recovered nicely, looked really sharp in the third
Maatta and dumo had solid games,
Tanger quiet, no flaws but he has not been pushing forward last few games, could he be hurt?
Sid best player on the ice yet again, not even close
Kessell scored enuf said
Hags pursuit of puck fits so well with Horny on the other side, I am just not sure if Geno is good fit in between,
4th line took advantage of soft detroit defense, I would like to see them do the same against better and stronger d (wishful thinking), but have to give them credit

3rd line: Kuhn is definitively weak link there, it kills sundquist's game, cause he is just so focus on defens they get pushed back and give other team momentum. Plots would fitr nicely there with Sundquist and Rust

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Entertaining game. Love the WBS kids. Sheary is making me a believer. This team is becoming fun to watch again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad