Post-Game Talk (GBU): More of the Usual

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Assuming that Ruff cannot screw the players from realizing their potential for ever I think we should try to work through this. Play the kids and let them get the experience and look for the draft and 201-14. BUT Regier should be looking at a new coach for next year NOW-move Ruff to Executive Deputy Director General of Policy and Planning for Buffalo Sabres Systems and Special Operations..Then look to shake up a few of the non performers--effort is expected ut effort without production is wasted motion and energy. Gerbe, Stafford have not lived up to the promise. We do not have a power play Dman which I did not think would be a problem. We do not have a good tough young mobile defenceman with first pairing ability. I just get depressed...

koarl

Mar 19, 2011
Graz / Austria
G:
Miller
B:
Sabres, Refs
U:
Ray talking ******** "2 goals - not a big deal for this team" and "great effort".

Unfortunately I didn't fall asleep, so I continued wasting my time yet again. I will start thinking carefully wether to watch the Sabres in the future ...

The PP looks uninspired. They almost never win faceoffs so their powerplay usually starts 30 seconds later - or never. They set up the shooter from the blueline on a 5on3 with the goalie having clear vision all the way. This was a spot for a timeout. But apparently we don't have a coach.
The PP units are garbage: Foligno isn't screening, Ennis is a giveaway machine or hogs the puck behind the net and the 2nd unit does not know what to do anyways.

Ruff's line-matching also sucks bigtime. There are almost always the wrong guys on the ice against certain lines ... but hey ... i am not surprised anymore so i don't give a *****.

Karate Johnson*

This team is just not very good.

What else is there to say?

This team is not very good, but they are getting $77,000,000 for Thier efforts.

I still don't understand how Terry became a Billionaire in spite of his love for flushing money down the toilet.

Hockey Heaven boys and girls! Soak it in.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Assuming that Ruff cannot screw the players from realizing their potential for ever I think we should try to work through this. Play the kids and let them get the experience and look for the draft and 201-14. BUT Regier should be looking at a new coach for next year NOW-move Ruff to Executive Deputy Director General of Policy and Planning for Buffalo Sabres Systems and Special Operations..Then look to shake up a few of the non performers--effort is expected ut effort without production is wasted motion and energy. Gerbe, Stafford have not lived up to the promise. We do not have a power play Dman which I did not think would be a problem. We do not have a good tough young mobile defenceman with first pairing ability. I just get depressed...

There's no reason to move him anywhere, fictional job description or not. Just fire him.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Yea he needs to go. His analysis is always ****ing contrary to the reality.
He had decent analysis when he was between the benches and focused on specific plays, even if he couldn't articulate for ****.

Now though? Un-****ing-bearable. He did NOT need a bigger role.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Good:

- Miller
- First Period
- Level of play when the team plays with a sense of urgency (a few minutes in the third when they realized they needed to score to get back into the game)

Bad:

- Penalties

Ugly:

- Overall lack of urgency for over half the game. This team desperately needs a new voice in the locker room.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
G:
- Most GP in NHL, so once games in-hand are played, we're looking at a top-5 pick with some luck.
- WSH-FLA was a three-point game. ;)
- Amerks have won nine of eleven. :sarcasm:

B:
- We should be able to get points in games where our defense allows only two goals.
- Some soft penalties in this one.
- [Insert your favorite goat(s) here, ie. Regier, Ruff, Stafford, etc.]

U:
- Shutout!? Regression to the mean, eh?
- Rob Ray ... no explanation needed.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
G: Barkov, Lindholm, or Monahan will be available at #4

B:

U: I have tickets friday

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I predict Ruff is done any day now. You have a high payroll team, someone has to pay the price.

Not until the end of the season at the earliest. Even if the team goes 2-20 over the next 22 games. My hope is Pegula will step in and tell Regier it's time. But the entire season, Ruff will be the coach.

pomms

Feb 6, 2013
At Least Myers looked alot better than past performances. Lapses in our defensive zone is what's killing us. Looks like we were able to put more sustained pressure in the offensive zone at points in this game that I haven't seen in past games. So work of the two good periods we had and move forward. That's all we can do now.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
was anyone watching the Ottawa feed? in the 1st period their announcer said (after the ott hip/interference penalty)... and said something to the affect of "this is a lindy ruff team, they always play physical"

at first i thought he was mocking us... but quickly realized he was completely serious

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Not until the end of the season at the earliest. Even if the team goes 2-20 over the next 22 games. My hope is Pegula will step in and tell Regier it's time. But the entire season, Ruff will be the coach.

I disagree. There is no way he could go 2-20 because Pegula would be laughing stock of the league if he kept him.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
There's no reason to move him anywhere, fictional job description or not. Just fire him.

You give him the option to stay because he has carried water for this team for 15 years and you reward loyalty. IF he wants to leave he can but dont embarrass the guy if you can afford not to.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Wow, 30% of the season is already done..that flew by...we've already gone through so many losing streaks in such little time!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00