More Entertaining So Far? 2017 Stanley Cup Final? Or The 2017 NBA Finals?

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
The NBA lacks parity but the NBA Finals in recent years have been more entertaining to watch than the Stanley Cup Finals.
I don't watch or pay any attention to the NBA ever, so for me it's an easy landslide win for the NHL

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
There was no reason to watch a single game until last night... and even then I didn't find last night that much fun to watch.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is a hockey website. We are clearly going to say hockey. I doubt many of us even watch the NBA finals. Not a fan of the game of basketball. Just doesn't appeal to me. I do, however, like playing basketball. :laugh: And I do like Curry! Guy has been exciting ever since he was in Davidson.

Golden State is my NBA team if I had to pick one. I liked when they had Baron Davis. But I watch maybe 1 NBA game a year. Just doesn't appeal to me.

TimbitsHockey877*

Mar 21, 2016
NBA is trash now of days but they do know how to get people to watch. Granted there was nothing else on but I tuned it for the blowout. A bunch of Hossa's bouncing around and teaming up because they can't win by themselves.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
NBA playoffs this year has been unwatchable. Games are routinely 20 point blowouts by the third quarter.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I watched the first half. When the second half turned into a blowout, I switched to the Spelling Bee.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
This is a hockey website. We are clearly going to say hockey. I doubt many of us even watch the NBA finals. Not a fan of the game of basketball. Just doesn't appeal to me. I do, however, like playing basketball. :laugh: And I do like Curry! Guy has been exciting ever since he was in Davidson.

Golden State is my NBA team if I had to pick one. I liked when they had Baron Davis. But I watch maybe 1 NBA game a year. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Of course and he's a penguins fan:sarcasm:

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
This is a hockey website. We are clearly going to say hockey. I doubt many of us even watch the NBA finals.
I'm amazed at the amount of references that the NBA gets on this this hockey website (in particular in regarding "marketing" and "player personality")

Not a fan of the game of basketball. Just doesn't appeal to me. I do, however, like playing basketball. :laugh: And I do like Curry! Guy has been exciting ever since he was in Davidson.

We have very different ways of being "not a fan" HaHa

I too am "not a fan" and as a result I don't know who Curry is or Baron Davis, or what/where Davidson is, and I wouldn't be able to name a player on Golden State

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I don't watch basketball ever. Decided to turn the game on last night about half way into the third quarter as it has been hyped as hell.

Now I don't understand the game much but it didn't seem all that close or exciting.

Was it just a dud game or am I just so far lost on the sport I didn't recognise the excitement? Probably should have tuned in earlier?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The first 2 games of the Stanley Cup have been a complete circus so far.

Game 1 of the NBA Finals was a blow-out.

Both have sucked so far.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
You have to give this to the NBA. While the league has turned into an unwatchable pile of trash due to the complete lack of parity, it just makes the Final of the two super-teams (or at least one super-team and one all-time great player) that much more important when it happens. While the Warriors look to be just too good to beat now, James is the only one that would be able to do it.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
ITT: "I hate watching freak athletes complete magnificent feats of athleticism and skill on the biggest stage with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with that. Hate watching a product that is actively bettered by its league and prioritizes star power and skill. Boo."

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I love both NHL and NBA. I have watched both for years, since I was young I was a Cavs and CBJ fan. Anyway, NHL will be more entertaining. But this is a hockey site, of course 90% of us would say this. SCF will be closer, but both series' will both end in 4-5 games.

NBA playoffs were a joke this year. But super teams bring the cash in, so the NBA doesn't care. It'll be Cavs/Warriors until LeBron slows down or some of the Golden State stars leave.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Its tough to answer this question as the cup final has gone through 2 games already and nba has only done 1 after a whole week off and game 2 isnt till Sunday (God this is stupid)

Should probably be answered after both finals are done.

I kinda hope both these series end soon so we dont need to keep seeing 3 day breaks between some games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad