Post-Game Talk: Moral Victory Alert!! (and we get a point too) - 2-1 Wings win in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The Kings barely snuck into the playoffs a few years ago and won the Cup, so yeah as long as you make the playoffs, you can still win it all.

Oh wow.

This team + Kessel isn't even close to that Kings team. If by some miracle Kessel had stayed, not clashed with Babcock, and te team somehow made the playoffs, they'd be first round fodder.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The Kings barely snuck into the playoffs a few years ago and won the Cup, so yeah as long as you make the playoffs, you can still win it all.

Yea, OK. How many teams that sneak into the playoffs ever win the Cup? That happened once in how long? Not to mention that team was way better than our team is now even if Kessel was on it.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Yea, OK. How many teams that sneak into the playoffs ever win the Cup? That happened once in how long? Not to mention that team was way better than our team is now even if Kessel was on it.

I don't know the stats on that one, but I'm sure that happens more than you think, the point is get to the playoffs after that anything can happen.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I don't know the stats on that one, but I'm sure that happens more than you think, the point is get to the playoffs after that anything can happen.

Is the point to build a team that has a chance to fluke it's way into the playoffs and contention? Or is the point to build a team that has what it takes to contend year after year after year?

Trading Kessel made the team worse for this season, but it's part of making the team stronger for the long run. It's not like the team was winning with him in the lineup.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Lol.

Kings were supposed to be better than their record, which is why they fired their coach.

When they got Sutter, they were playing at the pace of team that finished the season with 102 points.

Elite team.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Lol.

Kings were supposed to be better than their record, which is why they fired their coach.

When they got Sutter, they were playing at the pace of team that finished the season with 102 points.

Elite team.

yeah right:laugh:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
yeah right:laugh:

I don't know what you're laughing at. LA barely got in, but they were hot since Sutter came in & a lot of people that I know, who have a deep hockey background were predicting that if LA made the playoffs, they might win the Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad