Confirmed with Link: Moore/Kesler from Ducks for Dadonov and pick -- disputed; UPD voided

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Oh. But they are still getting a useful player in Dadanov, no? And it's not like they are making the playoffs this season. Couldn't taking on Dadanov be a good option for most non-playoff teams anyway? He can still play on the roster next season for them and be an asset at the TDL.

He only seems to have a 10 team NTC so that still leaves 6 non-playoff teams to make the trade to.

Arizona & Seattle would be other options but they're probably asking for a 1st.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Just wait until the off-season to figure this out. Let Stone, Patches and Martinez rest for the rest of the season. Then unload cap in the off-season, fire the coaching staff and come back healthy next season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Arizona & Seattle would be other options but they're probably asking for a 1st.
Yeah. I was actually selfishly thinking of Seattle here but no way Francis takes him on for free. And honestly, as much as I would like a 1st, it does not make much sense for moving another 1st out for the Knights. Probably best for them to keep it. But I am pretty sure a good prospect (if Vegas offers) could do the trick too.

Personally, I think just get the list of teams he is willing to move to and let them bid on it. Move him to the team that makes the best offer for Vegas. Dadanov is too expensive for his contract but its not like he is not a useful player. I bet some team bites and makes it easier for Vegas to offload him without paying out of their nose.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Funny everyone else is claiming Vegas is in trouble for all this but the team is exactly where it was a few days ago. Just use Dadonov, play it out, add what you can from IR if they are fully healthy and see what happens. While I fully agree they could use a full offseason, the schedule is easy and they have a lot of hungry guys looking for playing time so it's not out of the question for them to find a way into the playoffs. I don't see them as any threat to win in the playoffs but it's never in this teams nature to tank on purpose so move on.

And plus you keep a draft pick, you get back your third leading goal scorer and maybe they just rally around this idea that everyone hates them.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just wait until the off-season to figure this out. Let Stone, Patches and Martinez rest for the rest of the season. Then unload cap in the off-season, fire the coaching staff and come back healthy next season.
That's not allowed under the CBA. You can't use IR cap relief to "rest" players. You have to activate players as they're healthy. So if guys do come back from injury, Vegas will have to do trades to create the cap space necessary to add them to the active roster.

Reactions: Lurch

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
download (2).jpeg

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Imagine giving up a 3rd + an NHL dman for Dadonov(with even more time on his contract than now) lol

They got a 20 goal scorer out of it. I've seen much more horrendous deals made. For me it all just goes back to Eichel though. If they thought he was an actual possibility they should have just set aside space to fit him.

Reactions: Vegas07

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think you can fire the coaching staff with everything we've had to go through this season but the rest I can agree with. The season is probably lost.

Keep the pick, buyout Dadonov if no one will take him and trade Brossoit. Now you're near enough the cap to make your decisions on next year's team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't think you can fire the coaching staff with everything we've had to go through this season but the rest I can agree with. The season is probably lost.

Keep the pick, buyout Dadonov if no one will take him and trade Brossoit. Now you're near enough the cap to make your decisions on next year's team.
After the last two playoffs and this season, I think you absolutely can fire this coaching staff.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
After the last two playoffs and this season, I think you absolutely can fire this coaching staff.
Conference Finals back to back is not a reason to fire.

This season has gone sideways because of historic numbers of injuries and you can even blame the management for the constant upheaval they've had to deal with apart from injured players.

People complain about our system or DeBoer not adjusting, but they tried to implement something new in the offseason but the injuries started right away so you have to revert to what you know and a more simple game for all the young players and minor leaguers coming in.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
The fact that this thread is only 5 pages shows how much dislike that Vegas has, so much dislike that it doesn’t even register…

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ummm this is the Knights board. Take your gloating elsewhere.
Hmm I don't think he's gloating actually. Seems like he's saying that the discussion is so short ("only 5 pages") that it's not that big a deal, why everyone heff to be mad. Or he could be commenting on the size of the fanbase but I don't really get that sense.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
You took something positive out of his post?

I admit I did get a small positive out of his post, which was that I could apply a quote from one of my favorite hovkey minds, Ilya Bryzgalov to it (the why you heff to be mad quote). Right now I’m very into the universe you know. Like what is it? Like how it was created. The Solar system is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system, our galaxy on the side right it’s so small you can’t even see it… and you think like, we have some problems here on the Earth we worry about? Compared to like? Nothing. Just be happy. Don’t worry be happy right now.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I admit I did get a small positive out of his post, which was that I could apply a quote from my favorite hovkey minds, Ilya Bryzgalov to it (the why you heff to be mad quote). Right now I’m very into the universe you know. Like what is it? Like how it was created. The Solar system is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system, our galaxy on the side right it’s so small you can’t even see it… and you think like, we have some problems here on the Earth we worry about? Compared to like? Nothing. Just be happy. Don’t worry be happy right now.

Not mad at all...he's trolled here before, so I called him out for it again.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The stupidity of these people trying to bash Vegas but just making themselves look dumb is something else. Will they ever understand this trade was just a last minute effort to get space?

Reactions: IceNeophyte

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That's not allowed under the CBA. You can't use IR cap relief to "rest" players. You have to activate players as they're healthy. So if guys do come back from injury, Vegas will have to do trades to create the cap space necessary to add them to the active roster.
Gee thanks for the insight. You and all your idiot trolls should now go back to your caves. Contrary to what you believe, VGK management is quite aware of the rules of the NHL.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Not mad at all...he's trolled here before, so I called him out for it again.

I was thinking...did the Blackhawks relocate or something? They're far and away the biggest embarrassment in the league.

Anyway, I hope the troll posts don't get deleted until they're out of playoff contention...just in case Vegas makes the post-season. :laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What is funny about what he said is this forum has always pretty much been dead since they came into the league. So of course this thread would have only 5 pages. There is really no Knight fans on hf boards. They are all hanging out on reddit.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What is funny about what he said is this forum has always pretty much been dead since they came into the league. So of course this thread would have only 5 pages. There is really no Knight fans on hf boards. They are all hanging out on reddit.

And BattleBorn moved to Seattle I think. And where is that Knish guy who would always guess the score of the game to be 9-0 Vegas. That guy was good mojo.

Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

50% of the posters stopped coming here when they realized Vegas wasn't going to have a tank season. The better Vegas did, the more of a ghost town this place became. :dunno:

There was a Penguins fan who got really mad that MAF was having such a good year, and he left.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Gee thanks for the insight. You and all your idiot trolls should now go back to your caves. Contrary to what you believe, VGK management is quite aware of the rules of the NHL.
They weren't aware of Dadonov's no trade list, weren't they?
Besides that, I have no clue what you're even talking about. I didn't write to the Vegas front office. I quoted a poster suggesting to rest players and sort out the cap issues during the offseason. Obviously that particular poster wasn't aware that this wouldn't be allowed under the cba. I didn't even mention the Vegas front office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad