Confirmed with Link: Moore/Kesler from Ducks for Dadonov and pick -- disputed; UPD voided

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The main forum trade thread is so bush league. Like the seething hate for Vegas is just hilarious. All because their teams and GMs suck ass they want some ridiculous rulings made. Ottawa screwed up? Punish Vegas. Anaheim screwed up? Punish Vegas. NHL screwed up? Banish Vegas from the league!

I would have guessed that Vegas haters would be enjoying how bad Vegas has been this season. VGK has never won a title so in the end who cares. If VGK got to hoist the Stanley Cup over their heads then sure I'd understand why other fan bases are jealous. Because the golden knights have had good win totals the haters should be happy that Vegas is always drafting late and are not getting blues chip prospects with much higher ceilings. Many championship teams had to endure brutal seasons like the Blackhawks they were trash for plenty of years and they kept stacking elite prospects that have less of a chance of being busts and they panned out

I can't see Vegas making the playoffs, and winning the west this season. If they made the playoffs that's just an invitation to play in games that mean much more but unless we get everyone back and find a way to play at a really level then we would have been better off

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
719501.jpg

722204.jpg

724089.jpg

731380.jpg

735767.jpg
This gave me a chuckle.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The main forum trade thread is so bush league. Like the seething hate for Vegas is just hilarious. All because their teams and GMs suck ass they want some ridiculous rulings made. Ottawa screwed up? Punish Vegas. Anaheim screwed up? Punish Vegas. NHL screwed up? Banish Vegas from the league!
idk if people there are just intentionally acting really dense or what. I hope they're acting dense because otherwise... Woof.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This just gives Foley more incentive to clean house if they miss the playoffs.

I welcome Bergevin & Julien with open arms.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Taken from Cap Friendly.

What is a Limited, or Modified No-Trade Clause (M-NTC)?​

A limited, or modified no-trade clause (M-NTC) is less restrictive than a full no-trade clause (NTC), and can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
  • The player's contract includes specific terms in respect to being traded without their consent where the player must:
    • In a specified timeframe or window:
      • Specify a pre-determined number of teams the player would be willing to be traded to, or:
      • Specify a pre-determined number of teams the player would not be willing to be traded to
  • Consent is not required to be placed on waivers
  • Consent is not required for assignment to the minors
  • Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause
Taking it with a grain of salt, not knowing the wording of Dadanov's contract, but if as claimed Dadanov did submit on time, and as claimed the MNTC was not discussed and the we were not provided his list. Surely the part highlighted above is easily verified.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Good luck getting Smith signed to anything but a full NMC now...
Yeah probably, but he's earned that.

I hope this whole charade does bring change to the enablers of Foley's follies. Then again he could fire everyone in the organization but he'll just hire more yes men who tell him he can have whatever he wants and they'll figure out a way around the rules and regulations. Who knows who said what internally about all the stuff that has gone on in the last calendar year, from MAFs trade to this? I think Kelly is just a convenient fall guy and hey that's the risk you take in being the GM so he probably should lose his job too, but this mess has the fingerprints of Foley and McPhee all over it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Assuming the MTL was legitimately submitted, I wonder how something like this can be mitigated.....If Ottawa misrepresented his tradability in the trade call last Summer, they bear culpability. Can Vegas force the original trade to be unwound? (I doubt it after 3/4 of a season). Can Ottawa be forced to retain a portion of his salary?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is hilarious that Dadonov even wants to go back to a team that not only doesn't want him, but a team that might find another way to get rid of him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What about players claimed on waivers after the TDL?

Same situation. The actual rule reads:

"12.4 A player transferred from the Reserve List to the equivalent list of another Member [Team] following the [Trade Deadline] shall not be eligible to play for the transferee club during the remainder of the playing season".

A player claimed on Waivers is transferred from the Reserve List of the waiving club to the Reserve List of the claiming club.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
if it is found out that the Sens lied about the team list to the Knights, do they get their hands smacked too? If the Knights had actually inquired about this during the original trade and were lied to, could/should they have done anything else to protect themselves?

I know it won't help the Knights this season if the trade is voided BUT I don't think the Sens should get away scott free if they were party to this.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Same situation. The actual rule reads:

"12.4 A player transferred from the Reserve List to the equivalent list of another Member [Team] following the [Trade Deadline] shall not be eligible to play for the transferee club during the remainder of the playing season".

A player claimed on Waivers is transferred from the Reserve List of the waiving club to the Reserve List of the claiming club.

If he were to be suspended by Vegas because of some sort of fallout from this incident, would his cap hit still count?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Are there any legal grounds to suspend Dadanov though? Can't do it just because he chose to enforce his NTC, no?
No legal grounds and Vegas would be liable for a major lawsuit+terrible PR. That's the sort of the thing that gets a team blacklisted by most agents

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Even if it gets voided. They should just waive him, not suspend him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If he were to be suspended by Vegas because of some sort of fallout from this incident, would his cap hit still count?

Players suspended without pay do not have their cap hits count. I'm highly skeptical Vegas could pull that off though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad