Confirmed with Link: Moore/Kesler from Ducks for Dadonov and pick -- disputed; UPD voided

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

What was their plan to clear enough space for this even if the trade wasn't voided?

Currently got 30 players on the roster(33 with LTIRers), FWIW. Martinez could've been activated(he has been skating for a while now). Stone hasn't skated, so doubt he's close.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This is a mess. They're going to play with a 18 man roster.

Pretty sure that won't be necessary. Emergency call ups don't count against the cap. They also don't make a difference. Either way it's like 1 legit D pair and 1 legit forward line.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Pretty sure that won't be necessary. Emergency call ups don't count against the cap. They also don't make a difference. Either way it's like 1 legit D pair and 1 legit forward line.
And it's moot anyway with Vegas effectively out of the payoff picture. If front office and coaching staff survive the Summer, I'm done.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
And it's moot anyway with Vegas effectively out of the payoff picture. If front office and coaching staff survive the Summer, I'm done.

You might have to find a new team then because I wouldn't be shocked at all to see everyone survive this season because of the injuries. Like it or not most teams that have had the injury issues Vegas has had never even sniff the playoffs. Teams that have these kinds of injuries end up in the running for 1st Overall Picks.

The one thing that might doom everyone from Mcphee on down is if it's revealed they were 100% at fault in this Dadonov f*** up. That's the most likely scenario in my mind that leads to a full house cleaning by Foley.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You might have to find a new team then because I wouldn't be shocked at all to see everyone survive this season because of the injuries. Like it or not most teams that have had the injury issues Vegas has had never even sniff the playoffs. Teams that have these kinds of injuries end up in the running for 1st Overall Picks.

The one thing that might doom everyone from Mcphee on down is if it's revealed they were 100% at fault in this Dadonov f*** up. That's the most likely scenario in my mind that leads to a full house cleaning by Foley.
Trading for Eichel was a good move at a very bad time, and there should be some responsibility for that.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
As long as one player making 5 million or more (who isn't Lehner) is on LTIR I think they can just skate under. They would need to do big gymnastics to do it though.

They would need to have a minimum 20 roster, send down the AHL players and waive Dadonov, one of Hutton/Coghlan, and two of Carrier/Janmark/Amadio.

If anyone got hurt they'd need to play with less than 18 skaters and possibly take advantage of emergency call-ups.

There's only 16 games left, 38 days. I think if they accept making the playoffs is longer odds at this point then they should be able to avoid going over this year.

Then just buyout Dadonov and trade Brossoit in the summer as @MGK has suggested before. Decide between Smith and Pacioretty and probably just sign the RFAs, get the new rookies to Henderson and have a relatively quiet offseason.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It doesn't - but it helps Montreal move his dead cap, which is why they would insist Vegas take it back.
Oh. But they are still getting a useful player in Dadanov, no? And it's not like they are making the playoffs this season. Couldn't taking on Dadanov be a good option for most non-playoff teams anyway? He can still play on the roster next season for them and be an asset at the TDL.

He only seems to have a 10 team NTC so that still leaves 6 non-playoff teams to make the trade to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad