Value of: Montreal's expiring contracts

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I doubt Bergevin moves Danault. He's their only experienced C, and Bergevin is also a bit under pressure to win this season.

Reactions: Habsrule

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Danault is not going anywhere

He's gonna be a UFA so even if Montreal wanted to keep him he might choose to leave for nothing at the end of the year.

I'd be happy with a pick for Perry, a forward-version of Mete for Mete, and a legitimate LD for Danault + Chiarot/Edmunson. Someone was asking about Ekholm before and I liked the idea of a trade centered around Danault vs Ekholm. Tatar vs Ekholm as a base could work too but Preds are always looking for centers I heard :)

Or maybe Danault + Tatar for a legit LD, but money could become a problem there.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
He's gonna be a UFA so even if Montreal wanted to keep him he might choose to leave for nothing at the end of the year.

I'd be happy with a pick for Perry, a forward-version of Mete for Mete, and a legitimate LD for Danault + Chiarot/Edmunson. Someone was asking about Ekholm before and I liked the idea of a trade centered around Danault vs Ekholm. Tatar vs Ekholm as a base could work too but Preds are always looking for centers I heard :)

Or maybe Danault + Tatar for a legit LD, but money could become a problem there.

You are not getting Ekholm if you traded all of the players you mentioned together as one package. All of them are expiring UFA's or skating in cement 6/7 type Dmen. to get Ekholm you are giving up your 1st, a very good young player (think Caufield) and most likely KK. Someone like a Chiarot or Edmunson my be thrown in to balance out money but Ekholm will not be cheap.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This thread is premature, but the last Habs' game wasn't exactly convincing, so it wouldn't be a complete shocker to see a mild sell-off for a retooling in the off season.

Danault seems to have salary expectations is line with his role in past seasons rather than his current role, which is likely to be his role on other teams - 3d line C, maybe a 2b type on a team with weaker 1 and 2 centers. On a rebuilding team 2C is possible, I guess.

Tatar, Perry, Armia, perhaps even Chiarot, would definitely be on the table, IMO, and could be useful rentals for teams not imploding. Armia is a tough call since we might intend to resign him, though.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This thread is premature, but the last Habs' game wasn't exactly convincing, so it wouldn't be a complete shocker to see a mild sell-off for a retooling in the off season.

Danault seems to have salary expectations is line with his role in past seasons rather than his current role, which is likely to be his role on other teams - 3d line C, maybe a 2b type on a team with weaker 1 and 2 centers. On a rebuilding team 2C is possible, I guess.

Tatar, Perry, Armia, perhaps even Chiarot, would definitely be on the table, IMO, and could be useful rentals for teams not imploding. Armia is a tough call since we might intend to resign him, though.
Habs won't sell off when they are still firmly in a playoff spot.

Reactions: Habsrule

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
You are not getting Ekholm if you traded all of the players you mentioned together as one package. All of them are expiring UFA's or skating in cement 6/7 type Dmen. to get Ekholm you are giving up your 1st, a very good young player (think Caufield) and most likely KK. Someone like a Chiarot or Edmunson my be thrown in to balance out money but Ekholm will not be cheap.
So you're saying Ekholm is worth KK, a 1st and Caufield ?
Just for kicks, do you have a single historical trade for this kind of value for a comparable player ?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

WTF?
For a year and a half of Ekholm?

Reactions: CapSpace and pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah.... but we can see how in a few weeks things might be looking very, very different, if a few things don't change soon.
And if that happens, then the Habs could be in a position to sell of Tatar / Danault. lol

Suppose we have to wait and see. I think they can turn it around if Price turns his game around (or if Ducharme leans on Jake Allen)

Reactions: pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would like to seet he Habs re-sign Armia. We need his size and skill. He does disappear though then pots 2 goals.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I would like to seet he Habs re-sign Armia. We need his size and skill. He does disappear though then pots 2 goals.
Cap considerations mean we can't be keeping everyone, though. And Armia isn't cheap for a guy who ends up on the 4th line these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad