Value of: Montreal's expiring contracts

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Did you not read where he said and i quote
[ in the event where the Habs miss the playoffs }
I read that but it doesn't seem realistic that Montreal would be so far out of the playoff spots to make them sellers.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You are not getting Ekholm if you traded all of the players you mentioned together as one package. All of them are expiring UFA's or skating in cement 6/7 type Dmen. to get Ekholm you are giving up your 1st, a very good young player (think Caufield) and most likely KK. Someone like a Chiarot or Edmunson my be thrown in to balance out money but Ekholm will not be cheap.

Please let's not act like Ekholm is not a pending UFA next year either. Obviously if Nashville were to obtain Danault or Tatar in that trade, they'd probably resign them or add conditional picks or whatever. Idk where you got that I offered Chiarot/Edmunson for Ekholm as they're clearly inferior and the reason I'd love to upgrade lol, I'd throw them in like you said for money or for stop-gap reasons to fill an NHL spot left open at the 5-6th D position.

and I mean, your offer of 1st + Caufield + KK might not even be THAT left field, if Montreal was contending vs in the middle of a rebuild. I would mot do it for that simple reason, but you'll get a lot of heat for wanting a guy like KK. Imo, jury is still out on him since his offensive production is stalling, but lots of good signs.

same with Caufield, I think him lighting it up at the NCAA level is really good signs, but I dont follow the lesgue actively enough to say if that's in oart caused by the weird year.

Again, for a contending team that desperatly needs a Ld, they might do it. For Habs, it'd need to he a hockey trade so maybe wemte just not good trade oartners

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Danault can finally agree to a 5m extension he'd be very tempting to Vegas.

Marchessault straight up 1 for 1, or Elvenes/Dorofeyev + 1st (Danault at 50%).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad