Proposal: Montreal/Winnipeg (Not Laine related)

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
We literally had both players for 2 years, and here you're telling us which one is better after having watched exactly 0 games with Chiarot. You won't find many Jets fans who agree with you - Chiarot was certainly not the better player. He's a liability without Byfuglien, but you'll learn.

I guess thats why he was played 3min less and was severely out-produced

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Then why are you guys so anxious to dump him for a 7-8th D when ya’ll are currently stuck with two NHL caliber LHD?
OP isn't one of ours. Looks like NJ. We have 16M+ in cap. Should be pretty close to what we need for Connor and Laine. Morrissey signing 6.25x8 today probably helps to soften their demands a little as well. If not, Perreault seems like a better candidate to move. We have a ton of forwards ready to take his place.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I guess thats why he was played 3min less and was severely out-produced

He was paired with Byfuglien (2nd line minutes) and did PK duty, that's where his time came from. He was respectable when chained to Buff, but he was garbage paired with Myers or Niku. He did not out-produce anyone when paired with those two and was a disaster in his own end. He needs someone to carry him. Again, you'll learn.

Reactions: Stubu and Snowman

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why would they be icing Alzner? Why wouldn't they just use Reilly as the 7th defensemen?

How is this "taking advantage of their cap space?"
Better than not using the cap space at all. Could have put a 2nd round pick coming our way but I didn't see the Jets doing it.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
He was paired with Byfuglien (2nd line minutes) and did PK duty, that's where his time came from. He was respectable when chained to Buff, but he was garbage paired with Myers or Niku. He did not out-produce anyone when paired with those two and was a disaster in his own end. He needs someone to carry him. Again, you'll learn.

Myers and Niku were not good last year (Myers never being great to begin with). Why wasn't kulikov paired with byfuglien if he's so much better? BTW I know chiarot is not very good and hated the signing, but he's still better than kulikov which says a lot about how bad Kulikov is lol.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Myers and Niku were not good last year (Myers never being great to begin with). Why wasn't kulikov paired with byfuglien if he's so much better?

Because Kulikov doesn't need someone to babysit him like Chiarot does. We ran 3 usable pairings, not 2 pairings and some pylons. When injuries strike, we always put one babysitter on per pairing instead of stacking the top of the lineup. That balance keeps the other team from line matching you and murdering you when your pylons are on the ice.

Reactions: Stubu

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Well for one you have one guy who said he would do Kulikov for Reilly straight up. Then you have another one who said there’s only a year left and he “doubt” it would take a first to move him. Then we have another guy call him a serviceable top 4?

All I said was it would take a first round pick for the Habs to take on the contract and I asked one good reason for us to accept anything less than that and I have yet to see someone offer one single good reason so far.

Playing beside Buff he will look fine in a top 4 role.
Chiarot was propped up by Buff so much.
He'd do ok playing top 4 minutes.
But when we moved him to the 3rd with Myers.... yeesh.

Kulikov can look ok on the 3rd with bad partners like Morrow.
If he's healthy he'll be good.
That's a big if... chances are he'll likely be hurt at some point and then his game is pretty weak.

I only see Chevy moving Kulikov if he has to.
Chances are he plays out the season with us.
His expiring cap hit more than pays for Morrissey's raise next year.

Chiarot is way more likely to play a full season and does bring physicality and PK ability. Don't expect much on on the breakouts and he likes to ice it. If you have a really good RD to play with Ben he should be ok.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
takin Kulikov would have to include Ehlers .... and Jets wont do that unless it involves Domi+, and that ain’t gunna happen ...

Ehlers and Kulikov for Domi and Alzner??

BOTH teams say no...
Why the hell would we take Alzner if we are looking to move Kulikov?
I’d rather have Kulikov!

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Playing beside Buff he will look fine in a top 4 role.
Chiarot was propped up by Buff so much.
He'd do ok playing top 4 minutes.
But when we moved him to the 3rd with Myers.... yeesh.

Kulikov can look ok on the 3rd with bad partners like Morrow.
If he's healthy he'll be good.
That's a big if... chances are he'll likely be hurt at some point and then his game is pretty weak.

I only see Chevy moving Kulikov if he has to.
Chances are he plays out the season with us.
His expiring cap hit more than pays for Morrissey's raise next year.

Chiarot is way more likely to play a full season and does bring physicality and PK ability. Don't expect much on on the breakouts and he likes to ice it. If you have a really good RD to play with Ben he should be ok.

Apparently he’s going to play with Petry, so we’ll see how he does. I don’t expect the world of him. Ideally, if he could be physical, score 12-17 points per season and cover up sometimes for Petry I will be happy with him.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Apparently he’s going to play with Petry, so we’ll see how he does. I don’t expect the world of him. Ideally, if he could be physical, score 12-17 points per season and cover up sometimes for Petry I will be happy with him.

I will give Ben credit that he seemed to improve last year and when Buff was out with injury he didn't fall as far off the cliff as usual. He just has a really bad habit of trapping the puck in his corner to engage in a battle when he had time to move it clean.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Given the unproven talent behind Buff and JM......they will probably hang on to Kuli, for the time being...

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Given the unproven talent behind Buff and JM......they will probably hang on to Kuli, for the time being...

Especially with Buff's absence eh? Winnipeg needs to make a deal imho, this is definitely far from what they need

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Oh, so you kno whow long Buff is going to be out?
Enlighten us Jets' fans.

Nobody knows, either way Jets gotta be planning for the future. At his age, things generally start slowing down anyways, players in their 30s naturally miss more games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad