Proposal: Montreal/Winnipeg (Not Laine related)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To Montreal: Kulikov + 2020 3rd round pick + 2022 6th round pick

To Winnipeg: Reilly + Waked

Why does Montreal do this? They take advantage of their cap space and get an adequate 7th D instead of icing Alzner. They get rid of a contract spot and get picks (they could sign a guy like Hawel if he has a good camp).

Why does Winnipeg do this? They get cap space for Laine and Connor.

Thoughts?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No chance I take on Kulikov without a first coming back.

Edit: Alzner isn’t going to be our 7th D. Most likely Folin, Juulsen or Brook. We have a lot of options before Alzner

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Jets have enough cap space for Laine and Connor.

Kulikov was good 2 years ago but bad last year. The Jets D is depleted enough to take the chance he bounces back. If they didn't think so, they could've bought him out this summer.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Kulikov has one year left on his contract at a reasonable cap hit and he's a very serviceable #4. A few days ago he said he finally felt 100% for the first time since the injury, so the liability just isn't there. There is no chance that it requires a 1st to move him. I think we should roll with him this year anyway.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
No chance I take on Kulikov without a first coming back.

Edit: Alzner isn’t going to be our 7th D. Most likely Folin, Juulsen or Brook. We have a lot of options before Alzner
I haven't quite figured out if you're just trolling Jets fans to be a dick for fun or if you're really just out to lunch. He's got 1 year left on his deal.. If he was making over 5 mil with 2 + years remaining a 1st wouldn't be so unreasonable.

Reactions: FireChevy

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I haven't quite figured out if you're just trolling Jets fans to be a dick for fun or if you're really just out to lunch. He's got 1 year left on his deal.. If he was making over 5 mil with 2 + years remaining a 1st wouldn't be so unreasonable.

You think I’m trolling? Fine. Give me one good reason for the Habs to absorb that contract/money for two picks who has ~5% and >1% chance of making it to the NHL, let alone be relevant.

Seriously, what’s in it for Montreal?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Kulikov has one year left on his contract at a reasonable cap hit and he's a very serviceable #4. A few days ago he said he finally felt 100% for the first time since the injury, so the liability just isn't there. There is no chance that it requires a 1st to move him. I think we should roll with him this year anyway.

Please. He’s barely an NHL caliber player at this point. He’s the definition of a cap dump

Reactions: freester

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
You think I’m trolling? Fine. Give me one good reason for the Habs to absorb that contract/money for two picks who has ~5% and >1% chance of making it to the NHL, let alone be relevant.

Seriously, what’s in it for Montreal?

Well, he's better than the guy you just signed to $3.5m x 3 years, for starters..

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I'd probably do it. We could move Kulikov at the deadline.

He is in the final year of his contract and we have the cap space.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Then why are you guys so anxious to dump him for a 7-8th D when ya’ll are currently stuck with two NHL caliber LHD?

I'm not, I'd rather keep him and see what he can do healthy, with only one year left on his deal it makes little sense to try and move him until we are closer to the deadline and possibly out of the playoffs. Pretty sure a Habs fan started the thread anyways. So maybe go throw rocks at him.

Reactions: Pongs21

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'm not, I'd rather keep him and see what he can do healthy, with only one year left on his deal it makes little sense to try and move him until we are closer to the deadline and possibly out of the playoffs. Pretty sure a Habs fan started the thread anyways. So maybe go throw rocks at him.

Good. Because we have no use for him and I’m pretty sure we’d prefer to not spend the remaining of our cap for a 7th D.

Case closed

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Then why are you guys so anxious to dump him for a 7-8th D when ya’ll are currently stuck with two NHL caliber LHD?

I really don't think we are. But if it's the difference between retaining Laine and Connor, the choice is obvious.
That said, Morrissey, Kulikov, Niku and Beaulieu are all serviceable NHLers in some capacity. We could live without Kuli, but it would be a downgrade.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I really don't think we are. But if it's the difference between retaining Laine and Connor, the choice is obvious.
That said, Morrissey, Kulikov, Niku and Beaulieu are all serviceable NHLers in some capacity. We could live without Kuli, but it would be a downgrade.

Who's anxious to dump him? The thread was started by a Habs fan

Well for one you have one guy who said he would do Kulikov for Reilly straight up. Then you have another one who said there’s only a year left and he “doubt” it would take a first to move him. Then we have another guy call him a serviceable top 4?

All I said was it would take a first round pick for the Habs to take on the contract and I asked one good reason for us to accept anything less than that and I have yet to see someone offer one single good reason so far.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
To Montreal: Kulikov + 2020 3rd round pick + 2022 6th round pick

To Winnipeg: Reilly + Waked

Why does Montreal do this? They take advantage of their cap space and get an adequate 7th D instead of icing Alzner. They get rid of a contract spot and get picks (they could sign a guy like Hawel if he has a good camp).

Why does Winnipeg do this? They get cap space for Laine and Connor.

Thoughts?
Looking at jets depth on D, maybe retain 30% on Alzner and ship him to winnipeg for a 7th rd pick.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
How about an even simpler trade

Reilly for a 5th

Reilly likely becomes a waiver casualty anyways, he wouldn't clear and this gives Winnipeg a 7th D for likely around what his worth is.

Montreal doesn't exactly need bottom 4 D, this trade doesn't really help anyone out as originally posted.

(Maybe a 4th, definitely less than a 3rd)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad