Confirmed with Link: Montreal will not sign Vanek

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Marc Bergevin knows what he is doing.

We don't know what he's doing yet. For all we know Habs clearing cap to re-sign Gionta to another 5 year 5M per contract or going to overpay heavily for another washed up UFA.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Another article states that Bergy hasn't offered contracts to Bouillon or Weaver.

Please don't sign Bouillon. Please please please not even for league minimum... He'd be an OK no7 or 8 but Therrien insists and persists to use him like he's a Ray Bourque in his prime...

Well, apparently Bergevin is planning on having Bouillon and Gionta back:

Bergevin a dit garder espoir de retenir les services de trois autres joueurs pouvant potentiellement obtenir leur autonomie complète le 1er juillet, soit le capitaine Brian Gionta ainsi que des défenseurs Mike Weaver et Francis Bouillon.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...3-vanek-ne-reviendra-pas-chez-le-canadien.php

:cry:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
We don't know what he's doing yet. For all we know Habs clearing cap to re-sign Gionta to another 5 year 5M per contract or going to overpay heavily for another washed up UFA.

You should re-read my post. Marc Bergevin knows what he is doing. Those things are not possible.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Sucks but I don't think Vanek wanted to play here.

No no no, you are missing it. Vanek really wants to play in mtl but he's in stealth mode only looking like he's a disinterested loafer.

The greatest swerve in the history of the NHL.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You should re-read my post. Marc Bergevin knows what he is doing. Those things are not possible.

Saying someone knows what he's doing suggests he's got the skill and proper plan to do something successfully. We can't judge that he knows what he's doing since we don't know what he's doing. This will likely be the offseason that defines his ability.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Saying someone knows what he's doing suggests he's got the skill and proper plan to do something successfully. We can't judge that he knows what he's doing since we don't know what he's doing. This will likely be the offseason that defines his ability.

rabble rabble rabble

C'mon dude, this is a team 2 seasons removed from the 3rd overall pick. I would say Bergevin is doing better than ok.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
well end of the road for TV in Mtl....Give some of his money to Iginla for a few yrs, way more heart and grit ,more goals more hits.

Later Vanek.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
several habs beat writers said from reading between the lines and speaking to Bergevin off mike is that management despised vanek's work ethic

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
several habs beat writers said from reading between the lines and speaking to Bergevin off mike is that management despised vanek's work ethic

He didn't ended up on the 4th line for his fighting skills...

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Bergevin regarding Andrei Markov's desire to stay in Montreal being a factor in negotiations:

"Well it's huge, I mean a lot of people say things like they like Montreal and they want to stay in Montreal, but then you talk to them and you get the feeling that really isn't the case, but with Andrei, it really was the case and he proved it."

Hard to not think he's talking about Vanek there.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Bergevin regarding Andrei Markov's desire to stay in Montreal being a factor in negotiations:

"Well it's huge, I mean a lot of people say things like they like Montreal and they want to stay in Montreal, but then you talk to them and you get the feeling that really isn't the case, but with Andrei, it really was the case and he proved it."

Hard to not think he's talking about Vanek there.

Vanek never said he wanted to stay. It was clear that he was a rental from the outset.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Too bad, this guy has talent. The scoring I expected but his passing was a surprise, really good.

Anyway, guess the twinkies at intermission was a put off.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

No way MB was going to put that player in a locker room that gets what it gets from hard work and commitment . I bet hard working guys like Bournival look at the puffy faced beer gutted 50 million dollar man and just roll their eyes.

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
He is a Yashin or Satan type of player, really talented but really selfish as this guys and not dedicated for the team.

Good luck to you. Bye.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Would love to have Vanek on the team, but I think it's the right decision. He'll cost a lot, for a long time. But in the end, he's just a rich man's Ryder. Eventually this contract would mean getting rid of one our our core players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad