Confirmed with Link: Montreal will not sign Vanek

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
do you have a source for this? If not than this is just the same thing we've been hearing since we acquired him.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
He's not worth his inflated salary. The only significant effect his signing had was to make Bruins fans feel insecure. By now they're over it, so even his psychological effect has dissipated. There must be other options for Bergevin to consider.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
He's not worth his inflated salary. The only significant effect his signing had was to make Bruins fans feel insecure. By now they're over it, so even his psychological effect has dissipated. There must be other options for Bergevin to consider.

Yeah because Habs sign guys first of all to make other teams fan bases scared. :shakehead

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I wouldnt say Moulson is better lol ... He was a scratched in playoffs for minny. He is way less talented .. 3pts in 10 playoff games id rather pay vanek to loaf

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Now which one between Andrighetto and DLR will take his spot on the big team?

Andrighetto because he's older and has much more experience playing on the small ice surface.

I'm looking for to seeing DLR in Hamilton the next 2 or 3 years. Big guys usually take more time to develop. Remember Pacioretty.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I like Moulson ... as a second line player. He's not repeating his Islander numbers unless he gets to play with a center as good as Tarvares.

If people have such a hard time with Vanek not producing after getting moved off the first line, check Moulson's stats from the playoffs.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
I wouldnt say Moulson is better lol ... He was a scratched in playoffs for minny. He is way less talented .. 3pts in 10 playoff games id rather pay vanek to loaf

Yeah Vanek is much more talented lol. Give him a full training camp with the team and I think it'll work out, guys like him haven't been available to the Habs in a long time lol we always get stuck with the Brieres and the Lecavaliers of the league. Don't think we should let him walk. We'll see what happens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Isn't this the same guy who said we're trading Max?

We're probably not keeping Vanek anyway but this article doesn't really mean much.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Shame, for all the hype when we got him, he turned out to be a no show in playoff.
His talent would have helped us greatly on making our top 6 solid for years

I still wish that we'd resign him and that this year's playoff was just a fluke for him, oh well...

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Habs don't want to sign Vanek, not at $7M+. And Vanek doesn't want to sign with Habs neither. More than half Habs fan don't want Vanek signed.

Yes, there's still a chance that Vanek plays in Mtl next year, and that probability is 0.1%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad